Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read thas at my ac dealer today. Just got it in the mail & he didnt know anything about the sleds listed. Talked to 20 more dealers today none have got the letter from cat yet. Hope someone can help. He had the whole fall order line up with these 4 new ones added in. 2003zr 600 efi in black?   2003zlF2   2003zr600 F2 in green ?    2003zr785D proto in green  
                Hope someone can help

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just got an e-mail from my dealer today. They said my zr900 will be in on July 30th. I have ten days to pick it up after that. Of course I am on vacation that week and the tenth day is on a Thursday, and I am quite a drive from there. Its always something isn't it? I guess I will leave work early or cut my vacation short. Kevin

·
Registered
166 Posts
sleddinfool-How does that work? If you ordered your sled this past spring, don't you have until September to pay the balance? If your dealer can't hold it for you until you get back from vacation, I would advise you to find a new one after this year. Imagine that, you plunk down a good chunck of change, and because your sled is in early they make it your problem. That really sucks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If i where you , i would tell your dealer to sit on your sled until you got back from vacation. if he did not wish to do this i would tell him to shove the sled where the sun does not shine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If it were me, I would be at the dealership on July 31st with my trailer and 'grinnin' from ear to ear.  No better place for my new iron for next season than in MY garage.  I know I might be a bit different about this topic, but that is how I personally feel about picking up my new sleds...
-JLeosnow

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I would be very excited to pick up a new ride too, but if the dealer can't hold it for a day or two extra while you are on your vacation, I would definitly go else where.  That just sends out a total bad vibe!  Can't imagine what it would be lie trying to deal with him when you realy needed him for something....

·
Registered
959 Posts
 i would tell the dealer to hold it a few more days i mean if he  is a good biz man he should hold it for you  and if he dont i would tell him to shove it and  go find a new dealer that is nice and would hold stuff for you

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
so you have heard that they are putting a zr 600 efi in a f body.  is this the zr 600 motor, or a new style motor like the f5,f7  thanks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am sure he will hold it for me
but I don't know positively as I have never bought from him before. I did tell him once I picked up the sled he wouldn't probably see me until next time I buy a sled if he can beat anybodys deal still.. I do all my work myself unless it is a major warranty issue. Kevin

·
Registered
657 Posts
It sounds like you didn't find a very good dealer . If he can't hold on to It for a few days for that's harsh. Even If you do all your own work on your sled like most of us do , he's still got money out of you for the sled and he'll probably get more out of you for parts . I'ld tell him to keep It longer . There's nothing saying that you have to pick It up when It comes In anyway. Let him sit on it for awhile.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The cut off date for picking up a new sled is sept. I was told this by a local cat dealer. So if your dealer is saying you have to pick it up now, he is lieing to you. Also remember this that your warrenty starts the when the sled leaves the lot so if you pick it up now your 1 year warrenty would be half over before you even get it on the snow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry guys Talked to GLS about the new snowmobile list & he said it was an error & there are no sleds or numbers like that in the making for 03  or 04.  
Sorry Again wish it had been true

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well I will tell you that the F6 or 600 F2 is coming. The motor is built and tested. I have some friends that have seen it so I know it is coming. Some people are saying Cat will have direct drive on the new snopros but GLS says no so to go buy what he is saying would be to believe that Cat is making jets next year. GLS will not and I repeat will not leak out info like that to anyone no matter who they are.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a long time Cat buyer and I have kinda seen their patterns over the years. I figure this is strickly business. No one ever introduces three completely new motors all in the same year and we all know people were gonna buy the F chassis..it's what Tucker road for god sakes! ::rolls eyes:: If they came out with the 5 & 6...people would have bought the 6.  If they came out with the 6 & 7....people would have favored the 6...especially if it's 120hp and 500 bucks cheaper. So..playing odds and safe business..it says split up the orders...lowering risk of 1st year warranty problems and not being able to make orders ( happened with the 96ZRT...couldn't get enough motors) I'd bet on a mid year release of 500 F2-6 sleds with full production in 04. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Dealers don't want your new sled on his shop floor because #1 he's responsilble if something were to happen to it #2 he has to pay interest to his/her bank on your sled till you take delivery of it. Dealers get there sleds on lines of credit, well most of  them do.
Caleb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts