Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I sold my last sled and moved from Tahoe. I live in Mexico most of the year but my parents just bought a home in Colorado so I want to get a sled to keep there for the few weeks a year I visit. I race motocross/supercross so I'd like something fast, that I can jump, that is agile but that also does fairly well in the back country powder. Basically something that is good all around but that leans towards performance rather than being a huge cadillac-like super comfy touring machine. I've been totally out of the loop so I dont know what the hottest brands or machines are so I'm looking to you guys to help catch me up on the newer technology. The last sled I rode was an arctic cat wildcat 650 in the mid 90's. When picking up my latest motocross bike (YZ450F) the guy told me about a Yamaha sled that rides a lot like a motorcycle as far as maneuverability/performance goes. That sounds cool but how would that do in the powder (not gnarly bottomless powder but a decent amount of powder). Mostly I'll ride alone so 2 person comfort isn't big but it would be nice to occasionally ride with a passenger. I know 4 strokes rule on motorcycles so is it the same with sleds?

So what do you guys think would be some good choices for me? Money isn't a huge deal within reason and I'd like something new or maybe 1-2 years old if I come across a deal.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Buy a SkiDoo REV Renegade. Id say either the 600 SDI or an 800 Powertec. Both good on fuel and both with decent power. If you want to jump and stuff get an X package. It will have better shocks that can be rebuilt and revalved if needed. The Yammy four strokes are a good reliable motor that are good on fuel but a little heavier than the Doo. The SkiDoo will be two stroke. If you want Yammy go with their longer track sled, the Attack I think it is. Youll want the little longer track to float in the powder better.

Welcome to the site!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts