Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that on the new F series and new ZR sleds that the speedo's go higher that 100 mph, FINALY!!  Anyone know if they are more accurate than the old ones??  We all know how cat is natorious for being a "little" on the high end by the speedo.
Also, just how high do the new speedo's go?  Looked like it was around 140 mph or something, or am I just looking at it wrong and it is in kph maybe.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (phazerhater @ April 16, 2002, 11:50am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> We all know how cat is natorious for being a "little" on the high end by the speedo.[/b][/quote]
LOL..."little" is too weak a word I think

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The F series use a the digital gauges right.  What is going to be used on the 03 800s and 900s.  That would be really nice if they would get a speedometer that goes higher and that is more accurate.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where did you notice it at?  Where did you see the speedo of the new ZR?  If it said 140, it wouldn't be kph because that would be too low I think.  That would only be like 80 mph or something.  I'm sure the canucks will correct me on that if I'm wrong.  I would like to see the digital on the ZR that I just ordered, but most likely it will be the same as last year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
U are right it is not in kph,it is in miles,all arctic cat's are miles weather in the states or canada...the only ones in kph are ski-doo and the yammie's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will let you in on a neat little secret about the new sled. The new gauge on the sled has a memory for the Tachometer to record the highest reading and to help out on clutching. When the sled is started go ahead and make your run and at the end of your run leave the motor running and push and hold in the top button while in the digital tach mode. You will see it flash MAX and that is your MAX RPM. Once the sled is shut off it clears and you can start over.

Got this information on the 02'snopro and the new firecat's

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That would definetly be a nice feature.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This memory function has been a part of the EFI system since 1998.

In fact it also remembers info like Operating time, temp operating ranges, amount of time overheated, etc, etc.  Pretty much everything you can think of.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The speedo on the 2002 ZR snopro reads 160 mph. and this can be changed to read digital or in the regular style. This also has a peak rpm recall on every speedo in the F-chassis. With a push of a button you can change from digital to reg. style readings on the speedo. When you have the rpm in digital reading the speedo is in the regular style reading. But when you push the button they switch and the speedo is now digital and the rpm is now regular style. They also have a hour meter in them. I really like these new speedo's and so will you.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did the odometer ever work on the Sno-Pro. That would make every sled have 0 miles on when selling them. I would not trust buying one from anyone used.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Aw come on Sharkey...you know you should never buy a led going on mileage...how hard is it to unhook the speedo cable? Ski-Doos are especially convincing...you can switch the speedo readout from km/h to mph just as easy...mph=smaller number of kms

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes I know rocketman. I was stereotyping the average dumb joe. Just think what would happen to a car company if speedo's never worked. They wouldn't be legal to sell new, and it would cost millions in liability if they did sell. Cat is WAY lucky this was not a consumer sled, It would have been a disaster with a CAPITAL D. Even racers should be re compensated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The odometer may not work but the hour meter always has worked. Arctic Cat set me a new speedo last week and I had to send my old one back. They had a recall on the snopro ZR 440 speedo's cause the speedo and odometer never worked right. The problem is now solved. You get a new speedo and magnit to install. Now my sled is in mint cond. John

·
Registered
48 Posts
John or anybody .What are the little blocks on the  right hand of the speedo.They make a little line from the bottom to the top of the speedo.I asked a rep at the show and he said he did not know.Are they just for looks or what?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts