Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some better pics finally a got a good digi camera

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
How do you like those skiis?? I've been thinking about picking a set of those up for a while now. But I just can't decide. They are just a cover right?? I just take the stock plastic covers off and install the new ones. Do you have any other pics of the skiis?? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
02 mxz600 those are precision skiis they are not skins.
Here is one of the front one vent plugged one to go

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the skiis

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for rocket

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
That is some high quality pictures. Do you want to next time you are at your sled measure the width of the saddle of you precision skis. I am thinking if adding a set to my polaris if I only need to add a washer or two. Also what size is the mounting hole I can always drill the ski saddle but don't what to have to drill the bushing on the new sled. Thanks Buddy.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XC600 you are in luck bombardier makes a mounting kit for your polaris . The entire set of skiis with carbides and mounting brackets is $369 CAD. You wont have to drill or modify anything just bolt on and go. :) They are great skiis and will improve the ride on any sled.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ohhhh, so they just bolt right up then?? Heck, if they install like that it can't get much easier. Did you buy them direct from Ski-Doo? I might just have to buy those now. I really like them. Thanks for the extra pics.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
02mxz600 my dealer switched them with the yellow prcesions that came stock with the gade. They also come in a red and yellow swirl pattern might look better with a red sled.

The skiis are concave on the bottom helps in the powder and on water.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the two tone Yellow and Black like yours. I have a 02 MXZ X 600, just forgot about the X when I made my screen name. :) I was just at Ski Doo's webpage and they list them at $61. But I'm pretty sure that's $61 a piece. Do they come with the carbides installed? Or can I use the carbides I have on my skis now? Sorry about all the questions. And thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice quality pics....man your sled looks really sharp permafrost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanxs Panteraone cant wait to take it for a real ride
02mxz600 NP you can use you exsisting carbides from your stock skiis . For just the ski soles they list for 61 USD each

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks Permafrost I forgot to mention that I heard they are making mount fits for other brands too. But I was not sure if there was truth to this. Do the percison skis run carbide on the inner and outer rod of each ski, or only one rod per ski has carbide and the other is just a hard bar. And what size of carbides does the kit come with if you remember. Well I think I have changed my mind from C&A pro race skis to skidoo precison I did not realize they were that cheap. The C&A's were going to cost me $540 Canadian for everything. :D
How are the skis on powder I have heard they are the excellent on trails but haven't heard what they are like in the fluffy stuff. Also do you know what the precision skis weighs with mount and carbides.

·
Registered
678 Posts
what that vent on the front of your sled is that new for the 03,.
If it is, it must only be on the renegade, my '03 Trail doesn't have it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It is new for the 03 renegade. but frost didnt like it (i dont see how anyone would) so hes coverin them up.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is carbide on both runners. The skiis are concave like the simmons and work good on the trail in powder and on water. The kit comes with the smallest ones available, 4 runners with 5-6.5" of carbide. Even with the long track gade and a 1.25" i feel there is no reason to get the bigger more expensive carbides.

The new vents on the front are a sneak trick bombi pulled at the last minute. I will be covering those water intake holes up, just need to make one more custom piece, (using a wrecked 02 two tone hood).. The vents were put there to stop the other vents from melting :doh: They will also let powder in and smother my motor :cussing: I thought all 03 had it but i guess not i will check other sleds to see.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dude, that is one sweet lookin Doo!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts