Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new SnowGoer and they have some pictures of the new Doo's. It's the chassis they used on their new open mod. Definitley a new look. It would take some getting used to with the new seating position. I'm anxious to hear the riding reports.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This chassis is only available in the 600 and 800. They also offer a new 600 H.O. engine. Doo says 10% more power than the standard 600 with the biggest boost in top end. The 800 package weighs just 454 lbs. It also has 14.5 inches of travel in the rear.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's good news for the 600. At about 117 or so HP, it should be right up at the top. The 800's weight of 454 is about 20 lb lighter than the current 800, too. This is all good news so far.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arctic Cat has a post on their web site about the"Hottest Thing On Snow" to be released Feb. 8. With Yamaha putting their R-1 motor in a sled, ya gotta wonder about a Zook GS1100R motor in a cat. That bike was scary fast.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can somebody tell me where I can see a picture of these on the web. I checked the snowgoer and skidoo website and neither one has any pics. I've heard about these new sleds but I have yet to see one.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Show us the pics!!!!!  Don't have snow goer yet even though my couz is the assistant graphic design cordinator. I might phone her tonight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are ALL the doo's in the new chassis ??or just the "Spring Order" models.  I had a subscription to snowgoer but I let it run out
now I can't find it anywhere.  Let us know  

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
New chassis?   They can have it.   600HO, so what!  How about a new 800HO?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have the pictures to send. Yes, it's the chassis Blair is riding in Open Mod. It says it's available for the MXZ 800's and 600's in the spring order X and full build Sport packages.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
600HO?? Are they cancelling the 700 then?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If they don't have a 800HO, they better have a 900twin. or I will be disappointed.  I would want something more powerful than my 800.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't see them useing the new open mod chassis yet, may be in a few years. There are probably a few bug that need to be worked out yet. just my opinion.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
rotaxpower,I hate to say it but bugs has not stopped them from putting out anything .the last couple of years have proven that.people are ready to buy them.they will build them bugs or not they sell,thats the bottom line.I will wait and let the ones that could not, find all them bugs for the manfacturers.its our fault that its this way we push for new tech. and that is where we end up.JMHO

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dooman. I think the rags are the ones doing the pushing. Read the reviews. ANYThing new is awesome anything that hasn't changed is a Piece of Crap. The Sled of the year is the one with the most changes. Hell Yamaha only has to change the head light and all of a sudden it's the best sled around again.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Great picture, I did something similar to that two weeks ago, and broke both my thumbs.  Ouch!  I can feel the landing just sitting hear at my computer!   Of course it was on the wifes FIII 600 triple and not my ZX.  Sled was fine, went straight.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, the new sleds look great, BUT I think Skidoo or the dealers are going to have to educate the consumers. I see a LOT of ticked off sled buyers! The sleds will handle the bumps very well, BUT and this is a pretty big BUT, They will not accelerate hard and therefor not dragrace well for the regular guys lining up on the lake or trail. The issue here is the lack of wieght ransfer to the track, and the lack of any real sled wieght on the track. Using our common sense, Skidoo says and it is obviously true, that 80% of the wieght of the sled is within one foot of the jackshaft. This puts it on the skis and the very front of the track. This is a recipe for awesome steering, but spinning the track like crazy while trying to accelerate. I see many uninformed buyers buying these awesome sleds and then lining them up against their buddies Artic Cat and getting pulled 4 sleds on the holeshot alone! Here is the now pissed off proud owner of a Skidoo 800 Twin!! Getting spanked all day by 700s because he can't get the hook up required. It seems from looking at the sled design that there is really no way to fix this problem unless you go to a radical wieght transfer which would put the skis about 12" in the air. It remains to be seen, but theory says these sleds will lose out in most any drag race unless tuned for massive wieght transfer.  If the buyer realizes this, then it's no big deal. But if they buy uninformed, it could give Doo a black eye in the performance area. All you guys with Mach Zs with the ACM nut know what I'm talking about, no wieght transfer means no holeshot! Well, it's just my two cents. Think about it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts