Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install new drivers on the drive shaft of my Triple Touring (Long track ZRT600).
It’s impossible to press off the old drivers without destroying them. However I was able to salvage the outer Idlers.
I am going to buy extroverts or anti-slip drivers and would like to know if anyone has had issues with runout, trueness or balance. Should the assembly be put on a lathe and trued up? I understand the parts are plastic and will warp and deform with temperature. I also have to assume because they are plastic that they will infact run true with enough rpms.
Regardless, have any of you that installed extroverts had vibration or installation problems?
Do they press on the shaft snug enough and are they worth the $75.00 each?
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I put them on my Gade at the start of this season, definitly one of the best mods I have done to the sled. As far as make sure that they are true on the lathe, I wouldn't even bother. The extros are marked with alignment arrows and have notches in the cogs to let you know which positions is out. If I remember correctly the notched cogs go towards the outside of the sled. My cost ended up being $95 for a set of 10t extros and $40 for the dealer to press them on for me. I was a little paranoid after reading all the info on extro installs with dealing with alignment, balancing and truing. Well after getting my drive axle back from dealer I checked all the measurements with the shop manual and everything checked out so I installed and have been happy since. The track is much looser now and the sled coast real easy now with little resistance. Oh and no more ratcheting :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts