2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new project this weekend.

Coming soon to a lake near you!!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
800mxz,
 at first when reading your post heading i thought your family just had a new baby boy. LOL i like your barn, shed or whatever you call it because it looks real handy for a place to waste time.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, you know your pri-oraties are messed up when you own 2 sleds, drive to New York from Mich to buy another, and your pole barn has a carpet floor cause you have no time or $ or cement!!!

That is an old 87 Honda Forman 4x4 in the background. Best #### quad ever built, still running the factory plug!! We got our $3800 out of it that's for sure!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I know someone who has an 87 also. It is the only machine that always runs. And It's had the absolute crap pounded out of it it from everyone who worked at the farm or friends. Yours looks like it's in great shape though.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My buddy has one like that bone stock except for a B&B can and it pulls like an animal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats on your new baby

A tip, get rid of the "80s revival" stickers (the mach z ones) and leave it all black or get cooler stickers.. No matter what you do it will look a lot meaner without them!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dave, are going to be going to any of the races with the
Jordan Valley racing and Performance team this coming
season?  
 I would've took that over barney too!
Good luck. I'm sure that 97 won't let you down.

Mike

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
800mxz your garage looks just like mine full of toys, no room for the big bad RAM. My first ATV was a 1987 honda 4x4 350.
It was indestuctible. The only thing that gave me a problem ever was the starter, big $ even for an aftermarket one. I have never seen a blue 87 before and they didn't make foremans here then, but things are quite often different for names and colour between canada and the USA.

bobber, those little idlers are for less rolling resistance=higher track speed and more power to the ground.  That Z looks like it was set up for dragging.  My 97 mach1 was wickedly quick so the big Z will be even better.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope that eveything is allright up there in the Jordan Valley, couldn't pass on the deal. Drag track, 240 New Chisels, new bender Double plates (144 of them!!&#33
, C7 rear, scattershield on the clutches, all strapped down, and not a scratch on it, for $700.

The blue 350 Foreman's came with all the racks and mud flaps on them, where the red ones had them added. ours needs a starter ($300) so I fugure I will just kick it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Malchum - I hope that things are allright up there in the J Valley. I just couldn't pass on the sled for the price. Didn't buy it to make anyone mad.

The blue 350 Forman's cam with front/ rear racks and mud flaps. The red ones they were optional. I have only seen 1 other blue one. Ours needs a starter also, but for $300 I will kick it.

Nico - it's going to run just as it looks other than a set of Wahl skis. I love how these sleds look, and this one looks great with the polished tunnel. I am going foe innocent, rather than flashy. Get more races that way.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Malchum - I sure hope I didn't make anyone madd up there, I just couldn't pass on the deal.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey, did you look in the classifieds?
That maybe nice to have in your new toy  

"1006 Crank Shop Race Motor, newer pistons and rings.
Just Motor: $1700
With your choice of pipe, Jaws for CK3 or Crank Shop for DSA/S2000: $2000"

[email protected]

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thats definately a deal worth driving to NY for!
               Ryan
P.S. Since you have such a nose for deals, if you find a 2002 or 2003 MXZ 800 with RER for under a grand let me know ok?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the positive input fellas. I will post soon with pics of the new garage full of toys!! You guys can't see the Jeep parts or the kayack in that picture!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (800MXZ @ May 16, 2002, 07:35am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Malchum - I sure hope I didn't make anyone madd up there, I just couldn't pass on the deal.[/b][/quote]
Dave, I think it's great that you picked that up! Especially
for what it sounds like you payed for it. As far as for "up
there", I really don't know. I just heard from the Old wise
man that you were looking at Barney for a rolling chassis. I
think that I'm going to be doing the "switch tracks" thing
this coming season
since I want to start running mine on
the ice down here at Anchor Bay and up there, and still run
the trails and play in the potatoe fields with my 1.25"!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
malchum - Just let the old man know no bad feelings. Have yet to hear from him, so I things are not good. I hope not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts