Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the the snow show this weekend and saw a Fast with a V twin motor .It was a 100cubic inch S&S motor .The heads are exposed and it sounds just like a Harley.What gimmics do they have to make to sell us a sled, this is overboard!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I saw that too bd, and just laughed. Like that thing would look that nice for long out on the trails.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Harley rider told me that it would run like crap in the cold.Plus your right with all the salt that engine would look all white.The weight has got to be up there.This is not a sled motor,who are they tring to bring into this sport?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I love sleds and hogs so I thought the combinations was rad! Saw it and heard it run at Haydays. Layed my hand on it while it idled. The rumble was cool. It just shouted "torque". Gee, tho, only $21,000.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
useless as a snowmobile,great for show and tell... $21000 is terrible,im surprised that the magazines are saying that the blade really isnt worth the money,bout time they start telling the truth

·
Registered
959 Posts
my dealer is a blade dealer and he "says" that that sled has amazing power and that there is something that keeps the engine warm and theres a hood for it

·
Registered
70 Posts
this is still the sport ofsnowmobiling right?? lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I built my own bike and help a friend that has a shop. This is a fantastic motor. It's capable of putting out over 100 hp at the rear wheel, I don't think there is a stock sled out there that puts out that much at the track. That having been said, what is Fast thinking? It's cool as a novelty, but trying to sell this thing as a production sled doesn't seem like a good idea.
It will probably run fine if you can keep the snow out of the air cleaner, but it is pretty heavy and it looked like it was in there kind of high. The biggest thing is the price though, the motor cost $5000.00 give or take a couple hundred. Im sure their price is less. That means they think that sled is worth $16000.00 with no motor. Crazy!
I attached a picture of where that motor really belongs.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweeet!!!! Thats what a S&S motor belongs in! :devil:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nice Bike there FIsh! That is definately where a S&S motor belongs!! SWRules :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
100hp on a bike but it wont do that on a sled on a track dyno,i think the r1 bike pulls 135ish rear wheel hp,but the rx1 wont pull 100 on a sled,the reports are anywhere from 75 hp to 92 track hp depending on who you believe

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Spending that much money for a sled that looks like that is proof positive that just because you have money it doesn't mean you have taste. I guess different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I am honestly amazed Blade has managed to stay in buisness. I would have rather bought the Scorpion than a Blade. And where do they come up with these prices!!?? Rediculous! :nervous:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts