Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to briefly introduce myself as a new member. I live in Grand Lake, Colorado. I just sold my two Mtn Max's (98 + 00) in order to buy a new RX1mtn. I'm a little concerned about the weight but I saw one at my local dealer where it looked and sounded so incredible I had to have one, the weight be damned! All my riding experience is in the mountains, I just can't get enough of that deep powder! I also have a lot of motorcycle experience (both dirt and street/track) and I have a 78 CJ7 that I love nearly as much as my about to arrive RX1mtn. I hope to be able to contribute as much as I learn on this fourm.
Thanks in advance, Max

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
hey, congrats on the new purchase. IF you have any questions about any thing, just post and some one will help.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It's good to have a friendly mtn guy on board. Someone awhile back took shots at us "flatlanders" & skulked back under the rock (a western sled forum) he came from.

Better look out Fish Hog, he's closer to Skidoochic than you are. :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
welcome aboard! you wont need a chair the snow is gonna fly very soon!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hellllloooooo newguy welcome to the greatest sled site in the whole world, dont' be afraid to ask we got some great minds on here and certainly dont be afraid to add input we can always learn.Word of caution DON"T GO INTO CHAT!!! it'll warp your mind JUST KIDDING have fun and keep it safe!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome aboard! Your with a great bunch of people here. Always informative and fun. Good luck with that new purchase. SWRules

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
welcome aboard there glrx1mtn and hope the sled is what you want.

by the way,,, where is not given ? what state or province ? LOL

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Hey finaly a rx1 owner that admits the weight :D I like you already ! welcome aboard and if you ever want some real fun get in the chat room around 8:00 eastern time on monday or tuesday, thoes are usaly the wildest nights, but dont bring your kids... :devil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

As I sit here, it's snowing again in Grand Lake, CO. Over the last three days we've recieved about a foot of snow in town and I've heard rumours of up to four feet up high in the hills!! It won't be long now before I'm out there tearing it up! I'm headed to the dealer now to see when I can pick-up my new beast! Thanks again, Max :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome max! Part of the memership is you gotta bring snow with ya!!! There is great bunch of people here with a lot of good info. swapping even if some are flatlanders! (Sorry revrnd, couldn't resist!!) :D
I'm with you on RX-1. I couldn't resist the 4-stroke, even if it weighs a ton. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, no snow :( let me know how it performs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got back from my dealer and I can pick up my new blue baby girl (aka: RX1mtn) next Thursday or Friday!! I can hardly wait!!
Now all I need is a decent trailer. Anyone know of a cheap two-place trailer for sale in the Colorado area? Nothing fancy, just something to get my sled from the lodge to the trail head (five miles one way. I know, I'm lucky! ). Max

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Max, I would advise you to get the best trailer you can possibly afford. Do a search and look for the post on trailer horror stories. For ever story posted I bet most of us know at least 20 more. The worst thing is having your trip screwed because of trailer B.S :) ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts