Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got a new to me ,99 Zr600 moving up from my old Cougar . Wanted to say hi maybe look for some suggestions/advise. any opinions on ets kit etc.
Thanks , Todd

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Welcome to the Board. everything and anything you ever want to know about that machine can be found here... if you get sick of looking back to far just post a new topic and its gauranteed to get a lot of answers. We hope there the right ones hehehe. Have Fun

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome to the site. Its a great place to pickup information. Thats a good sled to you'll really enjoy it. Its alot lighter then a cougar. I went from a 97 cougar to my 00 zr500 what a difference. Now we just need some snow.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome.

First thing to do to that 600 is clutch it, and couple your ets.

newf

·
Registered
757 Posts
Although I haven't done it yet, I hear that the ETS Coupling is awsome. Another thing that should have been added at the factory.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Make sure you let us know how the first ride goes on the new sled!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The stock clutching is on the soggy side, you'll notice a fair difference with a clutch kit.
As for the coupling kit, I took the blocks off my 02 to give the skis a little less snow time

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys , that first ride cant come soon enough. Can you be more specific on the clutching deal, springs? helix? or let me know where to find this.
Todd

·
Registered
757 Posts
The best thing to do is purchase a pre-calibrated clutch kit. The kit will usually contain different weights, springs, and helix. I'm sure someone with your motor can steer you in the right direction as far as which one works best. I know Earlandson and Goodwin have good all-around reputations.

·
Registered
657 Posts
welcome to snowmobile world . i'ld look at the spx/gamma catalogue for your clutch parts , they're cheaper.talk to your dealer or call Arnies Cat House they'll be able to tell you what you need to know.good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts