Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried or is using the new modular 2 helmets? i am thinking of upgrading to one and wondered if they are as good as or better than the originals. thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I got a new modular 2 this year - pretty good overall. I wear glasses and still had a little problem with the glasses fogging when not going very fast and working hard. I just had to crack the visor and the glasses cleared up - will have to try anti-fog stuff on the glasses next time. I didn't have any problems with the visor itself fogging up.

This is my first modular helmet of any type so I really can't compare it to the original doo modular.

Only real problem I had was the breath tubes icing up - took off from a gas station and a chunk broke off and I inhaled it. I thought I was going to choke before I got the sled stopped! :)

It is heavy - I didn't think it would matter, but when on a bumpy trail it gave my neck a workout. My neck was pretty sore by the end of the day.

dave

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just wait until the tubes freeze up on a really cold day... and you can't breathe!

It sure does suprise you the first time that happens. :D I usually just open my mouth wide and crack the seal between the face thing and my skin.. so I can get air.

Great helmets though - you shouldn't be disappointed and well worth the money. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
has anyone tried or is using the new modular 2 helmets? i am thinking of upgrading to one and wondered if they are as good as or better than the originals. thanks[/b]

they r great helmets, i think i like the 1st modular better though. Not really sure why but iam always wearing my old helmet and let the new one sit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you everyone for all the input. im not to woried about the weight issue because my polaris helmet also hurts my neck a bit because it is so loose, its loose because the inside styrofome padding is falling apart. but i have heard good things about the original doos, hadent heard anything about the new ones, i can find both at reasonable prices, i might go wiht the new ones just for the fact that i know im the first one to use it, i also thought bout the goggle style helmets, not to sure yet. again thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts