Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got you to look.
 I do believe it will happen soon. I just saw Honda's new adds for it's new personal watercraft. How many knew that it was coming out? I sure didn't? I could definetly see them coming out soon with something great, and possibly buying Redline out. Hondas could mass produce them for alot less than Redline is currently doing. What do you guys and gals
, think?
Caleb

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was just talking about that the other day. My bet will be it's a sweet 4-stroke sled. Since that seems to be the way they are headed. I bet they will be a leader in 4-stroke power from the begining.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I,ve heard "rumer" that honda's been developing a four stroke sled for a few years & actualy have rideable prototypes!?
with the economy in the swirl with the tidybowl man, & the sled market, this year & possibly next year, takin it in the shorts, do ya think they'll really want to jump in any time soon?   Who knows?

yea you got me to look

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I bet it will be under 2 decibles and have a 120volt AC plug to power all sorts of accessories.  

Then there will be the Type R and Type S and you can be sure Fart pipes will be heard and seen.  

It will probably go all season on a tank of gas and never have a problem.

Honda = Junk.  

Im sure honda will have the first turbo sled...  But please honda just stay out of it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Machzzzz1 @ Feb. 18, 2002, 11:31pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet it will be under 2 decibles and have a 120volt AC plug to power all sorts of accessories.  

Then there will be the Type R and Type S and you can be sure Fart pipes will be heard and seen.  

It will probably go all season on a tank of gas and never have a problem.

Honda = Junk.  

Im sure honda will have the first turbo sled...  But please honda just stay out of it.[/b][/quote]
Bwahahahah!  That was good!

Just wait until the buyers put stickers on it and wonder why they just got stomped by a thundercat.  "But I've got a muffler on it!"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yeah.

And in a year when the aftermarket catches up you will see

MOMO handle bars, BBS Idler wheel rims.  

And they will probably slam the sleds from 10 inch of rear travle to 2.

The storage compartment will be packed with subs and amps.

LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will keep owning ski-doo sleds as long as Honda doesn't make one.  Honda equals quality.  They will raise the bar in snowmobiling.  What they do make will work and it will work the first time they make it.  What do they make that isn't of great quality?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Honda has good quality but ive had my fair share of problems with them.  

The only brands i even look at now is Bombardier and Yamaha.  

yes im stubborn but i didnt just wake  up one day and choose two brands.  

My neighour has a honda car and lawnmore and he thinks its the greatest thing in the world.  But hes always got his car in the shop and asking to barrow my BRIGGS AND STRATTON when his honda 5 hp cant handle the tall grass.  My briggs 4 hp goes through it like nothing.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They will more than likely have some major glitches!  I can't see them coming into the business with such bad years for the snowmobile business.  IMO

·
Registered
416 Posts
Can I borrow your mower, my grass is getting pretty tall here in the bahamas......Oh I mean Regina.  

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a peek in the repair bay of our Honda dealer and they wern't lacking for work.
Honda makes great products but don't be fooled in to believing that because a few people you know have good luck that it all that way. If it's a machine it will break sooner or later.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I saw a new honda accord snap a balljoint and the wheel fell into the car.  Lot of front end damage.

Honda is not the most reliable.  They just hide there problems and never recall anything.  

Its like arctic cat and all there silent recalls.  Thats what honda does and they fix it on a oil change with out telling you so you never know.  

Arctic cat allways has recalls on there reverse and startors and they still break after the recall was complete.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Machzzzz1, you are right.   Honda isn't that fantastic.   I owned a Honda car and so did my brother, and I owned a Honda mower - but NEVER again!   I've had far fewer problems with my GM products, and I like my 2 stroke Lawn-Boy better than the Honda I had.   They aren't junk, but they aren't as great as many people think.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If honda made a sled I think it will be like the yammie  parts will be more expensive.  I have a honda riding mower I bought in 86  it works good but the mower deck fell apart.  My wifes Honda accord she had always cost more than my toyota or chevys ever did when it was in for service.  I cured the honda problems anyway   the lawnmower is for sale the accord was traded for a grand cherokee ( it will pulll my sled trailer the honda would not  and I mow the grass with my polaris ATV )

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i bought a honda riding lawn tractor not because it is a honda but i wanted to bury the hatchet that contained a family fued with a dealer. liquid cooled and quiet then the white smoke started to come out the exhaust and got me a new headgasket that year. still i like the tractor until an oil change and the oil filter rings in at $30.00 that is big money 2-3 times a season so finally i screwed something else on for $5.00. you have to change the air filter also for $35.00 a crack 2-3 times a season so i have enough of those now that i can clean them ahead of time. here is the sweet thing the last time i bought the three blades {3 blade mower} i paid $90.00 for the set and i change blades 3 times in 2 seasons. one thing for sure about johnny a pan goods is the parts will ruin you at the bank and when you wait for the slow boat to bring the parts your newborn is finished college so you might as well move into a condo.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Honda ATVs are THE car in much of roadless rural Alaska because they are tough and reliable as long as you give fresh oil on a regular basis. A great number of the folks who try Polaris and Yamaha ATVs return to Hondas because they are superior in many ways, especially in relation to their reliability. Bombi and AC, Kaw and Suzuki are pretty small players. There are a bunch of people who would love to try a Honda snowmachine if they ever build one. Anyone who can build a <500 lb, >50 horse, high torque 4-stroke with a wet sump and batteryless ignition will surely sell a bunch of machines in Alaska and maybe other places where these machines do more work than play. I can't think of  anyone more likely up to the task than Honda. Hopefully we'll see.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts