Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking with my dealer Friday. He told me that there is a new Mach Z to come out for 2004. He told me it was either supposed to be a 1000 cc with SDI in a MXZ chassie or a four stroke. He had talked with somebody from Rotax, i think that he mentioned a name, nobody i recognized, and the guy from Rotax was telling him that they have a four stroke motor that is producing a 185 hp. I guess it could be riding along side a Mach at a 100 mph and the four stroke could nail the throttle and just pull away like nothing. Just reporting what he told me!! No B.S. I dont want to start anything at all. SWRules

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
only problem is we have been hearing new machz rumour's every year ,from sure sources ???

·
Registered
692 Posts
the only problem with this post is the guy from ROTAX dosnt even know what its going to be!

EITHER a 4 CHOKER or 1000cc in zx
key word girls?

EITHER not a good source

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
This is my opinion:

I bet my paycheck that his is the last year for the CK3 chassis, and the ZX is not going to carry the 809. If that was possible, Doo would have done it by now.

The 4 stroke thing is my opinion on where the Mach is going. I think that DOo will build motor with some good bottom end. Just look at the V1000 motor. 85HP and like 80 ft.lbs of torque, very sled motorish'. If they build a big multi-cylinder 4 stroke (out of the SKi Doos) it should be nice. I look at the Honda jet skis, and that 165hp 1200cc Turbo engine woud be a perfect sled engine. Even though it is a 4 cyl, it is not allot bigger dimension wise than the 809 in my Mach.

·
Registered
692 Posts
the way ilook at is this

no more triple my sleds worth all the coin
a new triple and my sleds worth nothing for resale

·
Registered
530 Posts
Either way, I think it would be cool to see the Mach with a 1000cc engine. I guess only time will tell as to where the Mach goes.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Doo makes a triple 4stroke supercharged engine for its seadoos making 185hp.

But I think that the ZX will carry a SDI809 next season. This is more then opinion, This is machzzzz1's opinion.

For skidoo to make a 4 stroke after investing all that money is 2 stroke technology (buying OMC, ORBITAL and such) It would be a stupid move to not make a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the problem with rumours is usually they are made to the exact opinions of the person that dreamt of it and no one elses. that's why all the controversy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi!

For 2003, Sea Doo will have a ROTAX, four stroke, 1494ccm, with EFI and a compressor producing 185hp! This engine could be the one that they choose to have in a Mach Z.

:p

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I am pretty sure the Mach Z will come out in the ZX next year.

It will be sporting a improved 809 with SDI and optional Carbs. It will make 170 to 180 HP.

Why.

Like mentioned before, when skidoo desided to buy up all the DI 2 stroke technology markets they basicly said that there future was with 2 strokes.

They also know from our cries that we want a new Mach with the 809. And i think anyone working for skidoo must have thought about it at one point in time.

For years and year they have been hearing how the muscle market is dead, how everyone wants ditch pounders. Well the RX-1 just broke sales records and it sure isnt a ditch pounder.

Just imagine if they took the 809 motor which doesnt weight that much more then a 800 twin and stuck it in a ditch pounding chassie like the ZX or REV. They must have thought about this. It has also been rumored that a ZX MachZ has been spotted at valcort so skidoo is playing with the idea.

And finnally like it was mentioned on this site before. The reason they probably didnt release it this year was because they were trying to get some more of there money back on the CK3 and because they didnt want to steel any fire away from the REV. Next year will be the Mach Year.

Its Comming, Hold on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mach your last post made a lot of sense. Ski-Doo probably didn't want to steal any of the attention from the REV. As far as the four stroke goes Rotax has been doing a lot in that end of the market. Last I heard was that they are running a four stroke GP bike which means they have got to have something up their sleeve for the four strokes. The question is when is it all going to happen. Look at Yamaha, they have got two new motors on deck, one is a four-stroke and one is a two-stroke, but when will we see them? Scenerios like this tend to produce a lot of rumors of what is to come. People get a glimpse of what the manufacturers have and they assume its coming much sooner than it is. We will just have to wait and see. There is no question that the future is bright either way.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Machzzz1, if the 800 twin SDI produces 140 something hp, how do you figure that a 809 trip SDI produces 170-180 hp. Even considering that the current 809 puts out 150 hp, you're saying SDI gives it another 20-30 hp? Unless it's a totally new design, like the F7's motor, I don't know how you get 20-30 hp out of an existing block without super or turbo charging it. Just my thought. I your prediction is correct about using DI technology, I just don't agree with your numbers. A little wishful thinking maybe???

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The mach motor makes more than 150 hp with-oput much done so some very minor factory tuning to go along with the better burn will add up big time!
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
My numbers are wishfull thinking. Im hoping that ontop of skidoo throwing the sdi tech on the 809 that they also revamp the motor to make a little more power.

Maybe they will come out with a Full DI system like in the seadoos.

Im just saying that skidoo can pump a bit more HP our of that engine, Especially if they add a knock sensor to it.

Like 99SRX700 said the future is bright either way.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Why would Doo put the 809 in a chassis that has been evolved allrady? ijust think the writing is on the wall. While it would be a fine sled, the MachZX is not going to happen IMHO. I think if it was going to happen, it would have allready.

I think Doo will have a new chassis, maybe a A-Arm ZX with either a new Mach Mtor, or the 4 stroke

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
In my opinion the ZX chassie was way ahead of its time when it was released. It still is probably the best looking sled on snow.

Add a-arm front suspention and you have a amazing sled.

The Mach wont die. If they were going to kill it, it would be gone for this year.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ski-doo never dropped a triple into a s-2000 when everyone thought they should. I don't think they will drop a triple into a zx chassis either, They will have a new chassis married to a new mill. That is how they usually work, besides the sport is moving way to fast to slap new motors into older chassis.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That is one place where I disagree Machzzz. The only ski-doo chassis that has really been up to date is the REV chassis. Before the REV ski-doo has always been lagging far behind as far as chassis go. The REV is the first structurally three dimensional chassis (which is basically a cross member over the motor) ski-doo has ever made when Polaris and Yamaha have been doing it for a few years now. Granted ski-doo took the idea to a whole new level in the REV but so did Yamaha in the RX-1. Everyone else is a ways behind as far as '03 goes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can't see them using the 809 triple. The next triple is going to have to handle very good with lots of power. I can see a cylinder reed triple or sdi or DI because skidoo can lower deeper into the bulk head to have a lower center of gravity, and move it back to. Could the rev chassie fit a triple with a single pipe. But here is another one, if they do and i hope they do will they extend the triple line into smaller engines too. And i have to agree on this year is for the REV but whats next year, new skandic oh well if they doo. But likly it will be for the big iron. It would make no sence to have both come out in the same year.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So many possibilities and so many wishes and dreams. I would like to see the 1000cc motor with SDI in a new chassie. Who knows what will happen?!! I agree with you Machzzz1 that it it probably wasnt released this year because of the REV and that the RX-1 sales go to show that everybody doesnt want a ditch banging sled. Im only 22 and I should fit into the crowd that wants these sleds but I want the Mach. Always have!! The terrain that i live in makes no sense for a Mach either. No groomed trails or frozen lakes here!!
Time will tell!!
Think snow!!
SWRules

1 - 20 of 28 Posts