Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got a sled this month, been ridin all the time, I got a 700 indy sks really nice, I love it. Only a few minor problems, the top of my float for my gas gauge is gone so have no gas gauge, not to big, the dim light dont work, not to big I use bright mainly just havent looked at it yet, and the brake light dont work, but it could be, not a big enough bulb, both tail lights work, and lastly when I got it the tac light worked but went out now, but i seen how to change that. Besides the minor litttle glitches I love this for my first sled!

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you need a few new bulbs and a gas gauge, after that you should be good to go....

·
Registered
354 Posts
the reason your tail lights work and your brake lights don't is because there are two filaments in each bulb, one that is constantly on, and the other connected to the brake..... easy fix hopefully

welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason your tail lights work and your brake lights don't is because there are two filaments in each bulb, one that is constantly on, and the other connected to the brake..... easy fix hopefully

welcome to the site. :thumbsup:[/b]

how do you fix it? also i wonder if i get the light workin if the brake light on the dash would work?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i am not positive but it seems that the light on the dash gets the same power signal as the taillite.maybe you dont have a power signal going thru the stoplite switch on the bars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well first of all i got the light for my tac to work, my bright headlight i got out looks burnt out will get one tomrrow. goin order a new gas float off ebay, so that just leaves my brake light, i had my tester and there was power to all 3 sockets, two tail lights and the center brake light, so I duno, does it hafta to be certain watts? it be nice to get it workin goin on a trip next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
everything is fixed except for the brake light the socket the bulb goes in is very lose, that could have something to do with it ill get it to work someday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts