Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any riders gone to New Mexico and if so any good locations. I live in Houston and it would be the nearest location to go for me. I grew up in Minnesota and still have a passion for snow!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
COOL!! I'm NOT the only TEXAN on this board!!! I'm not sure about New Mexico, but something should be available near Santa Fe for information at least. When I lived in CO, I used to ride around the Echo Lake area when there was snow on the ground.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Try this link guys. I did a search on google and came up with quite a few hits on snowmobiling in new mexico.sledding in red river

supposedly you can hillclimb to the top of greenie peak 11,249ft :0:
bring your own sled or rent.

Nice to see you found another lost soul like yourself wolfman :) you're not alone.

Last edited by permafrost at Sep 30 2002, 01:48 PM

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its kind of funny, I am just the reverse. I grew up in Ft. Worth TX. When I moved to Alaska (1977) I new I had found my real home. Once I started sledding , the winters became as enjoyable as the rest of the year.

RIDE SAFE

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those are sleds on top. That picture was taken at an event called "ARCTIC MAN", the skier comes down that hill, thru the gully, then at the bottom hooks up with a sled (600 cc only), gets towed to the top of another hill, lets go and ski's to the finish line. Total of five miles. Skier reaches speeds of about 85 mph when being towed. This event draws as many as 16,000 sledders on a good snow year. It is a total week long party enjoyed by most of Alaska's sledders.
Thanks for the welcome.
Bill

RIDE SAFE
Also has Big Air event and snocross, planning on Hill Climb

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
The good snowmobiling areas in New Mexico are in the far north of the state, around Chama, Red River, and north of Taos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts