Snowmobile World banner

New Mods

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  revracer500ss 
#1 ·
It has become a tradition that after every season I doo something to the sled...LOL

This year I added a X-Team seat cover and a new taillight . I wanted room at the back of the sled since last year I stretched it to 136. I needed to get the light off the seat. So, I made up this bracket and installed an LED light. You know me, I have to be different than everybody else. The LED light is for a trailer but works just fine on my doo and it was cheap to boot!!!!!

What doo you guys and gals think??!!??

OOPPS! Almost forgot, I added a rev rear bumper as well...my bad

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It has become a tradition that after every season I doo something to the sled...LOL

This year I added a X-Team seat cover and a new taillight . I wanted room at the back of the sled since last year I stretched it to 136. I needed to get the light off the seat. So, I made up this bracket and installed an LED light. You know me, I have to be different than everybody else. The LED light is for a trailer but works just fine on my doo and it was cheap to boot!!!!!

What doo you guys and gals think??!!??

OOPPS! Almost forgot, I added a rev rear bumper as well...my bad[/b]
Thats differant . looks good now you can carry more STUFF lol . ok you bought the rev bumper but were's the rest of it? , I still see a legend sitting there! It's funny how if you think of it long enough you'll find a way and save a few pennies to boot if your lucky , not have to buy it anyways cause you fu-bared it .

good job brian :thumbsup:

mutt

#5 ·
I still see a legend sitting there!

mutt[/b]
Deb will be getting her new sled before the snow flies!! She is getting a left over 2007 blue GSX 500SS! For me, I will allways have my ZX but, I did see the new XP in person and got to sit on it.. I must say, as ugly as it is, I do like how it sits. Its a lot better than the REV IMHO. That will have to wait atleast another year if not two. I can see an all black 800r XP Renegade in my future.

Brian

#6 ·
I am with You ,Still love :inlove: the ZX Chassis and like the seating position on the REV XP. There may be a REV in My very near future as its a deal thats to good to turn down. w00t I am nuts :crazy: I just bought a 2000 Blade 7x2 on March 13th. I am a sucker for a sled deal.

#7 ·
Deb will be getting her new sled before the snow flies!! She is getting a left over 2007 blue GSX 500SS!

Brian[/b]
AWESOME ! I'm so excited for her ! wtg guys ! I can't wait to see it ! Can you tell I'm excited too??

Well done Brian.....You doo good work ! Your sled looks great !

Snow4

#21 ·
Very nice

just a thought

should add some sides to make it like a rack

#22 ·
Looks pretty sweet. Maybe these could be next years mod.[attachment=36379:100_2667.jpg]I really didn't get to ride it with these on here because I got a rev after I put them on. But I did have it at the lake once because my brother needed a sled (Caught his ski in the end of a culvert at 20 mph). They are much stiffer than the stock boards, and much more grip. I got these because I went a little to straight up last year and my foot came off and I landed on my shin. Ouch. Anyways, these are way "grippier" than the rev boards. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Attachments

#23 ·
Looks pretty sweet. Maybe these could be next years mod.[attachment=36379:100_2667.jpg]I really didn't get to ride it with these on here because I got a rev after I put them on. But I did have it at the lake once because my brother needed a sled (Caught his ski in the end of a culvert at 20 mph). They are much stiffer than the stock boards, and much more grip. I got these because I went a little to straight up last year and my foot came off and I landed on my shin. Ouch. Anyways, these are way "grippier" than the rev boards. You wouldn't be disappointed.[/b]

Yep!!! I agree. I thought about the Rox Sled Treads earlier this year!!

#26 ·
Hi Brian

If you're thinking of getting the Sled Treads, don't wait too long to order them as they only make them for the ZX chassis for Doo's and have no intention of making them for the REV chassis.
(at least that's what they told me last year.) Given the width of the REV boards, I can see why they wouldn't. Being that the ZX chassis is 2 or 3 chassis models ago, there's no telling how much longer they'll produce them. When sales drop below a certain point, it won't be feasible for them to carry them anymore.

Here's a link.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/sho...i?subcat_id=287

The mod looks great. That should make you visible in that snowstorm you're sure to leave behind you. Hehehehe.
But I think FB was referring to sides on the rear rack.
Personally, with the attachments available now, I don't really see the need for side bars on a rack.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.