Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you have a new or like new sled to ride this year? That would mean you have never rode it and can't wait to try it out?? lol

How many of you have modded your current sled and are dieing to try it out with the goodies?

Do we have those who are satisfied with what they had last year and can't wait for snow again?

I don't have a "new" sled so I fall into the modded catagory with a riser put on, flex skis instead of the precisions, and a dynoport can. It's going to feel totally different to me. I can't wait !

Let it Snow ! Let it snow ! Let it snow !

Snow4

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
w00t me , new one . I have not even sat on its seat yet.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well I'm going to answer new because the 20 miles I got to put on it on March 19th this year seems to surreal to be real. So it must not have happened. LOL

As to mods, nothing major. I have 3 years of warranty so there won't be anything done to the motor. Cosmetic appearance items just to personalize it. I'll make a list of those once it's all done and I post some pics on here.

Jeff

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a "yes" to both of your first two questions. I bought my 06 Crossfire in mid march last year, so I only had a few weeks to ride it. I put over 500 miles on it, but I really wasn't able to ride it enough to truely get the "new toy" excitement out of my system.

As for mods... my 02 ZL SS 600 EFI is apart in my garage right now getting the rear skid overhauled to ZR CCE specs, along with more agressive clutching, and of course some tunnel repairs (the real reason it's apart). I'm very excited about experiencing the transformation of that sled.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
My first brand new sled ever this year - we better get some good snow! I got to see it at the dealer last week but didn't sit on it. I should have brought the camera but didn't. They are waiting for a few things to come in for it - should be able to get it home within the week.

I have already warned the friend I ride with that if we don't get good snow this year by mid-jan we are going to drive until we find some! He has a new Nytro mtx coming this fall so is in complete agreement! :) :)

No mods yet - going to ride it for a season or two stock to get a good feel for it. May do risers this year - need to see how it feels. Then will come the new skis, clutch kit, etc. Of course with the big changes in the xp there is not a whole lot of stuff out there for it yet...

THINK SNOW!!! :)

dave

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I have to go with "New" sled since I only rode mine for 200 miles last year in 4 days. I also hope to have another new one for my wife. We'll see since now she thinks a dimond ring makes more sense than a new snowmobile. Come on, what is she thinking here!
Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have to go with "New" sled since I only rode mine for 200 miles last year in 4 days. I also hope to have another new one for my wife. We'll see since now she thinks a dimond ring makes more sense than a new snowmobile. Come on, what is she thinking here!
Richard[/b]
Go with the sled, I just dropped a bunch of dough on an engagment ring that definitely could have bought me a nice leftover or a good used sled...ughhh

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Richard[/b]
Don't know but offer both and see what happens...lol

Go with the sled, I just dropped a bunch of dough on an engagment ring that definitely could have bought me a nice leftover or a good used sled...ughhh[/b]
Snowmutt was pretty smart I guess.......He asked me to marry him with a nice ring and then offered to do it on our snowmobiles.....lmao So, I had a snowmobile wedding that was perfect ! (new sled to me at the time) He kids around that he could have saved money and just used a washer from the sled as a ring but I think he knew better..lol

Snow4

·
4,440 Posts
Don't know but offer both and see what happens...lol
Snowmutt was pretty smart I guess.......He asked me to marry him with a nice ring and then offered to do it on our snowmobiles.....lmao So, I had a snowmobile wedding that was perfect ! (new sled to me at the time) He kids around that he could have saved money and just used a washer from the sled as a ring but I think he knew better..lol

Snow4[/b]
back in the day I promised my wife a ring, she got the compression ring out of a 410 sprint engine , LOL :whistling: . did not go over well, good thing I had one(real one) hidden.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
i guess i kinda count. Havent ridden the restored sled on snow yet, gotta try out my hand warmers LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
back in the day I promised my wife a ring, she got the compression ring out of a 410 sprint engine , LOL :whistling: . did not go over well, good thing I had one(real one) hidden.[/b]
LOL, are you sure your not related to Rick? Yes, Good thing you had a real one hidden.

Snow4

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive got a new to me sled for this year.

had a 96 xcr 600...........now a 02 mxz 800

i have ridden a 99 mxz 600,,,,but not this new one. its got 1,700 or so miles on the chasis and im putting its motor together next weekend....the parts are from different motors...03 crank, 02 jugs, spi pistons....cant wait to fire her up!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Mods for me.
I will post some pics this weekend. I have new 7" KD Xtreme risers. A new tunnel bag installed. Shocks rebuilt and revalved. and a few "other" things done and if I told you what they were, I would have to kill you....lol

·
Registered
443 Posts
oh i also cant wait to feel my new studs dig in for the first time.
this will be the first time i have ever had studs in my life, the whole 16 years of it. :)

·
4,440 Posts
O.K. Barry, what did you get? :D[/b]
NOS topic in skidoo forum :p leftover 06 renegade 800 ,was still in the crate the other day when I was there.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NOS topic in skidoo forum :p leftover 06 renegade 800 ,was still in the crate the other day when I was there.[/b]
Great News Barry.....! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I'm new here...Plus I got a new sled...

I came off of this: An 01 Summit 600 that had 11000 trouble free miles on it!

I am now on this: A 2004 GSX 500ss Sport....
First Day together:

And now: 136" kit 2" paddle track, 21/45 gears, SnoFrog Rack (getting painted), blue accessories, 05 Summit windshield, 4.5" doo riser, new springs in rear suspension, A-arm protectors....I think thats all!

With Rack Mounted, Just got the taillight today..I'm pumped to ride this thing!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
does mine count as something new? I know one thing new will be the plastic skis, hopefully way better than the clunky metal ones.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts