Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these puppies? I was thinking about getting a new one next year....I checked one out at the dealer the other day my only concern was the narrow seat, seems nice for maneuverability but what about comfort for a long day of riding for a guy over 6' tall and 240 pounds? How about deep snow and trail riding? Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing.

They look so sweet im gonna buy one anyways but it would be nice to hear what people think.

There is already a post about this but the search doesnt really work...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I took one out on Sat for a test ride. It was a controlled ride so everyone had to behave or else walk back. I was leaving as much space from the rider in front of me as I could then let it rip. It had tons of snap to it and no problems fishtailing it and lifting the skis. It made me feel like a kid on it and it was a blast. I didn"t mind the narrow seat but it was as hard as a rock and basically that"s all I didn"t like about it. The sled is kinda ugly at first but it"ll grow on you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I rode one on Sunday. We were at Halfway Haven and there were two Phazers out front. As we were checking them out, the owner of the sleds came out to talk to us. He offered to let me take it for a ride so I jumped on. I was impressed with the power. I would say it felt like 100+ Hp. I loved the sound of the engine. It seemed a little tippy at first but I'm sure you need to lean a little different in the corners than a regular sit down sled like I own. The transition to standing was effortless. In the tight trails it would be powerful enough, but on the lake and the wide open trails I think I would need more power. I would like to spend a day with one to get a better idea of the overall capabilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a new Phazer Mtn lite this fall and had a blast. I'm 5'9" and 170lbs but the sled had no prob hauling me around. No break neck acceleration, my nephew could sack me on his Indy 500 but lifts the skiis and felt pretty torquey. Kind of tippy but once you get the hang of it handles real nice Thought it was a good fit for me and my 3 year old liked riding with me so was happy with it. Then I got in about 3 feet of powder playing around and got stuck. Took 1/2 hour to go 100 feet back to the trail and got stuck a few more times and played out. The 14" track just didn't seem to have enough flotation. That part was pretty disappointing since I thought this was a nice little sled. I think it would be not bad in more compact snow but not so good in powder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was at Canterbury yesterday and they have free Yamaha demo rides, so I took a Phazer out for about a 5 minute jaunt. They have 2 phazers and one new Nitro FX there to demo ride. New FX is just a phazer with the 4 stroke triple.

Liked the sled. Seemed kinda big and heavy compared to my old Phizzer. Had a hard time turning it since it's such a tall sled with all the suspension. But it soaks up the whoops better. I'd buy one if I could afford one. :hallo1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts