Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Doo fans! After all the years of riding AC's (30 years) I can say that I have no regrets. AC's have treated me very well. I still have my 1999 ZL600 EFI which now has 9000 miles on it with very little problems. I may sell it or keep it for a spare sled for my growing kids to ride. I'm not sure yet. Anyhow, I have to admit that the Ski-Doo's have impressed me in the last couple years so I made the switch. I ordered a black 600 Rev sport with DPM/RER. I'm just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. I will be getting the booster seat in the back for my kids when they ride with me. What impressed me the most about the REV models was how versitle they are. You can still have a fast sport trail sled and turn it into a cool 2-up without having the weight or size of a larger touring sled to haul around. I liked my EFI cat so I'm sure the DPM will have similar performance. I think the Rer is the coolest thing Ski-Doo came out with! A-arm's on Doo's? What can I say! I like A-arms. In my opinion they really work especially in the rough stuff. I think improved A-arm setups will be the wave of the furure for all the sled manufactures. A buddy of mine purchased a Yam RX-1. Would the 600 REV take it in a short distance drag race? That sure would set his ego in right field! LOL! Either way, I'm sure the 600 REV will be a fun sled to ride and have all the power that I need.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Great desision. You will love the rev. That 2 up seat incase you didnt know has been changed for production. It is now a much nicer setup and is much more comfy then that one we all saw on there web sites and at the shows.

You will love the machine, I dont know if you had a chance to ride one but it truly is a level of handling not seen before on snow.

I also bought a Rev 600HO x package and im picking it up this week. As for a race against the RX-1. I dont want to fill your head but i think its reasonable to think it would take it for the first 400-500 feet and maybe more. But that could be dreaming, will all have to wait and see.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The 800's are in. The 600's havent arrived yet?? Thats why my dealer doesnt have any..... now i see.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all!
I'm sure going yellow won't be a problem. The real problem is being geared up in yellow now!....What will I do with all that green,purple and orange colored clothes that I've aquired over the years? I'll either have to wear it until I can afford all new Doo clothes. Somehow wearing arctic colors though on a new REV just wouldn't be right. I guess it's time for me to have some kind of AC garage sale!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ebay my friend Ebay, you will get rid of that god forsaken stuff there. :D :D

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Good choice going with the REV. As far as racing the RX-1 yes you should be able to waste it for the first 300-400 feet. After that forget it. I grass dragged my stock MXZ 600 against one that a friend of mine purchased. Niether sled was set up for grass drags but we felt what the heck. I could take him off the line but by the 350 foot mark he was makin too much power. Your sled will be lighter than mine plus it's an H.O. which will make it quiker but trust me that tank can fly when it gets rolling. Have fun with it. It's going to be interesting to hear what you have to say after you've put some miles on it. SWRules

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome aboard. I bought a Bond Rev 6oo and have the two up seat ordered. Not sure how well they will match but oh well.
Anyways I have had this sled out a bit and it pulls real hard in the middle. It is still in stock form but with some tweaken I think she will rock hard. I am coming off an 800 so I was pleasantly surprised at how hard this baby pulls. One other thing I loved is how natural it feels to stand up. I was screwen around and finally realized that I was standing, I felt so normal.

THis should be one hell of a winter!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts