Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new copy of supertrax with the review of the new rev's all I can say is I want one. 8 more inches of leg room that’s all I need to read to convince me, aprox 50 pounds lighter wicked insterment gauge packages and killer looks. If this sled lives up to all the hype the other manufactures don’t have a chance.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
don't know why, but they are not that great looking right now. Maybe they will grow on me like the old rev......
just my .02 cents
Frank

·
Registered
443 Posts
wow it was so weird the first time i saw the rev in 03 i said i love it, when i saw the 08 revxp same thing i love it!!! just think 400lbs 150hp just a imagine that, you could throw that thing around so easily, definatly love the tnt too great sled awesome name :thumbsup:

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Am already grooming the wife for a TNT. 'I know you need a light sled honey and there's this new one that will keep your shoulder's from getting sore" :whistling:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Just a heads up. According to the '08 clothing & accessories catalog, the electric start sleds come w/o a rewind starter:

Rewind Starter Kit
Complete rewind kit allows for a pull start on all REV-XP electric start models.
REV-XP #860200111
$74.99 (US) $89.99 (CA)[/b]

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, i dont know what skidoo was thinking there, get more money from you. what happens when the battery dies? id say a pull start is mandator for a sled

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
In February during our trip, it was -36*C (almost -40*F) in Timmins & -33*C in Kapuskasing in the morning when we left the motel to start our day of riding. I wonder if & for how long the battery would crank a frozen motor? I guess BRP expects you to take the clutch cover off then roll the motor over by turning the clutch.

Years ago our 'doo mechanic told us NEVER try to start a cold sled w/ the electric start unless you want problems. We always pull the sled over for the initial start.

·
10,054 Posts
Back in 03 when the rev and firecats came out, I thought the firecat was the best looking sled out there,,, I didnt care for the looks of the rev, but over time, they have grown on me. I now think its a pretty nice looking sled,,, but when the pics of the 08 ski doos came out,,, WOW kinda reminds me of how I felt when the 03 firecats came out,,, By chance, anybody seen a green one out there anywhere,,, I may be interested in one,,, LOL that 8" of leg room may make me knees feel a little better,,,

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, i dont know what skidoo was thinking there, get more money from you. what happens when the battery dies? id say a pull start is mandator for a sled[/b]

And how is that any different than the 4 stroke Yammis?
None of them have the recoil start. Never did.
I agree with you but it shows their commitment to reducing weight.
If you want the recoil start, if that's more important than saving a couple of pounds, then go ahead and install the recoil start. I know I would. But I've been reading for several years how the mountain guys will do all kinds of mods to shave a few ounces off of everything. To them it all adds up and they lighten their sleds by up to 40 - 50 lbs in total.
You see, it's about marketing, now they can advertise that they reduced the weight of their sleds by 50 lbs. Remember that when you're working at the Big P some day. lol.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In February during our trip, it was -36*C (almost -40*F) in Timmins & -33*C in Kapuskasing in the morning when we left the motel to start our day of riding. I wonder if & for how long the battery would crank a frozen motor? I guess BRP expects you to take the clutch cover off then roll the motor over by turning the clutch.

Years ago our 'doo mechanic told us NEVER try to start a cold sled w/ the electric start unless you want problems. We always pull the sled over for the initial start.[/b]
I've never done that with any of my E start sleds Kris and I've never had a problem. Even in extreme cold temps down to -40* (C/F)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sure like to have one but I've got a barely broken-in '07 and a hankering NOT to spend $14000 next season :)

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Yeah the are pretty light, but man... they are so ugly.[/b]
That's what people said in 03 when the initial Rev's came out and now (according to my wife) ALL the sleds look like a Rev :p , go figure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts