Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at my dealers open house and we were talking about how i didnt like how our 02 800 mxz didnt like to coast. so he went to the parts bin and pulled out a bag with a new spring and two new needles to help with the gas mileage. this spring should definatly make a differance

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
It will probably backshift slower too, so in tight trails your gonna loose some bark out of the corners, I`m just guessing, but something to think about.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to slow down the backshift. the way we ride is to coast into the corners, with the other spring the sled wouldnt coast at all

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Why doo you guys say that the new primary spring will reduce back shift??
The new spring looks like it will be way stiffer then the rear. What does the pri.spring have to doo with the back shift anyway?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Originally posted by mr670@Oct 20 2002, 09:52 PM
Why doo you guys say that the new primary spring will reduce back shift??
The new spring looks like it will be way stiffer then the rear. What does the pri.spring have to doo with the back shift anyway?
I was wondering the same thing mr670....what we've got here is a picture of two primary springs....all it might do is change your rpm characteristics depending on the spring specs.... ??? :blahblah:

·
Registered
288 Posts
The picture is of 2 secondary springs and z800rtx is absolutely correct the spring will slow down the backshift of the secondary because the RER secondary works quite simmilar to a primary spring in that it holds the upshift and creates the backshift. Not many people want a slower acceleration rate or a slower backshift rate that the new spring creates and the majority of people would be totally dissatisfied with that, it creates clutch hesitation coming out of a corner and doesn't let the sled accelerate at it's quickest potential.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Fooled me :doh: :withstupid:

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks to me like that spring to try on the lake for top speed :withstupid: or mabe not ;) ;) ;) ??? ??? ??? :withstupid:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rocketman & mr670, bill cudney is right the picture is of the secondary springs not the primary. from the first time i drove the sled i didnt like the way it backshifted, just like it had an engine brake. i`m sure if you are very agressive on the twisty trails the original spring with its super quick backshift is the one you would want but the type of riding we do i think i would like a little less backshift and now maybe the thing will coast a little better. plus he also gave me two new needles for the carbs to help out with the bad gas mileage....mike

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey mike800z, how much better do those needles help the fuel economy?? There was a bulletin on the 01 600's. I just put the 2 new needles in my sled a few weeks ago. I had THE WORSE gas mileage ever last year. hopefully its actually comparable to my friends 500 this year. lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
DONT FEEL BAD GUYS I HAD TO LOOK 3 TIMES MYSELF. IT LOOKS LIKE THE PURPLE IS A PRIMARY AND THE BLACK IS A SECONDARY AT FIRST GLANCE. HE IS OBVIOUSLY LOOKING FOR THE LAID BACK STYLE OF RIDING, AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WILL GET WITH THE NEW SECONDARY SPRING. WE HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE SOME SANE RIDERS ON THIS SITE ALSO, THEY ALL CANT BE SPEED CRAZY LIKE THE REST OF US OR WE WOULDN'T NO IF WE WERE THE CRAZY ONES OR OR THE SANE ONES. :hallo4:

·
Registered
49 Posts
mike800z,

Could you please post the Doo part number from the needle bags your dealer gave you? And if the needles are available could you also post the Mikuni part number stamped on the needles?

These are non-adjustable or adjustable?

Thanks,

SummitAK

·
Registered
310 Posts
Goodwin gave me a light blue secondary spring, and a red primary spring w/ my clutch kit i ordered. I told them all the mods i had, and what kinda riding i did too. cant wait to try the sled out now!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I got the needles put in LadyK's 02 mxz800 gade, and the secondary spring too. I hope the spring wasn;t a mistake :0: . We'll just have to get some snow and see.

SummitAK I will have those part numbers for ya tommorow, and some info on them. they are supposed to make it leaner :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts