Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking all over through all the magazine website trying to find out the advantage and whats the point to creating.. 146/154/163 size tracks...

Anyone know?

thanks Shawn

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Yes the pitch has been changed.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
On the width one time It,s 16 and next it,s 15 for speed 16 floats better but ads weight and weight ads loss in speed I will take a loss in speed to stay on top of the snow anyday!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It's only the Renegade and Summit sleds that are running the 16" wide tracks. Except for the utility sleds running 20" tracks, the rest run a 15" track.

A track is divided into segments, determined by the pitch of the track. When you increase the length of the segment, which results in less cross reinforcing rods in the track, thus reducing weight, you have to adjust the length of the track. It's a matter of math, not Skidoo trying to force everyone to go out and buy new tracks, or force you to buy only BRP tracks as the aftermarket won't be long producing replacements. Keep in mind, there is only 2 or 3 track manufacturers anyway. So one of them, in this case Camoplast, is allready producing tracks to BRP specs.

I know there seems to be all lot of negativity to BRP totally redesigning the XP chassis and the box it comes in. I think they should be commended for such forward thinking. Not criticized. They did this to make a better sled. Will they find out they made some mistakes? Probably. But if you only keep building the same sled every year and only change the graphics, then we as consumers loose out in the long run. This sled is about changing everything with the intent of building a better mouse trap, or obviously in this case, a better sled. Lets hope they succeed, because it forces the other 3 1/2 brands to redesign there sleds in hopes of competing. In the end, we all win. No matter what brand we ride.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts