Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked today with my "Guru". We discussed what I called "Darting". Here was what we came up with:

I noticed it while travelling on hardpacked roads. On snow covered trails following my leader, or in fields, it was solid as a rock. She turned precise without "Push" with little effort.

Guru says: You weigh 260, and you have your stock rear spring preload set to 3 right? ???

Troll say:"Right" :sly:

Guru says: Turn your preload to 4 (Max) and see if you still handle same. If improving, but still "Loose" feeling, increase ski pressure by one, if improving, try 2. If happy stop,, if not, consider heavier rear spring.

Guru says: if rear spring is set on 4, download on ski's set 2 higher, still feel "Loose" on road, try loosen one mark on center spring. If good stop,, if hard steering loosen one,, maybe two on ski preload.

Troll getting headache :nervous: but beginning to understand. Troll going to play with TOOLS! :hallo1:

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you ride in different conditions, setup will always be a compromise, unless you change setup every time you change conditions. You will also get the front to turn in more on hard pack by shortening the front limiter strap on your skid frame. Unfortunately, this will also make the sled float less in the powder. Good luck finding your setup. I just got a new sled too and am still waiting for enough snow to start dialing it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts