or any long term forecasts for next winter

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Easy....bye bye Ram....hello Silverado!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Gotta agree with Rocketman. Although, you shouldn't pull an old sled with a new truck. Or, pull a new sled with an old truck. Heck....you might as well get a new trailer too!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also agree with Rocketman.  Good bye ram hello Sierra or silverado...........

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Mr.z800rtx is a dodge man through and through although he lives in GM world.

hey z800rtx i bought a car from marigold the other day.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorta leanin towards the new truck right now and it won't be a chev or a ford
One pos gmc in the driveway is enough
for me.So ya deal with the souch's do ya paul?Did ya make it to teddy's for some chow while you were out in this neck of the woods
The beer fridge is always full paul

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Nick,The forum was slow,and I got bored.

Are you the lift master,I was thinking about a 3" body lift and 33"s on my '96 Suburban.I already put 2" blocks in back and cranked up the torsion bars in front.Looks good now but not quite up there enough if ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
49 Posts
GET THE NEW RAM WITH THE NEW CUMMINGS DIESEL, THEN YOU CAN PULL ALL THE SLEDS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, AND ALSO HAVE THE NOISEIEST DIESEL AROUND

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I would say, since you got 'em both paid off, start putting more money into them.  Modify the heck out of both!  Better performance, better looks.  Better toys.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Allready stuffed diesel coils in the front and extra springs in the back for some bigger meats,a mild lift but rams allready got some height to em.It's had the mopar catback exhaust since it was 6mths old,plus stereo and other goodies.Sled has all i'm gonna do to it done already.Maybe i'll just buy lots of beer this summer

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
New sled!!!  Thats a no brainer.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
go with the sled

mxz7,
 what did i tell you ? i said nick gehring is going to make a comment about that avatar. LOL  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think it depends on what sled you are getting!  I think the truck could hold off another year.  Put a good 150,000 on her then get a new one!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your dodge is still young.  I know someone that has a 1984 dodge ram with 650000km on it.  Still using the original clutch.  Mostly because he powershifts it.  

Slant 6 with 4 speed hurst.  

Still pulls his sleds.  

If you are getting a truck get the new ram with the cumming desil 305hp or the 5.7L hemi 345hp.  Both those trucks will kick ###.

I also dont like chevy because of there posi traction system.  Unlike dodge who uses a bullit proof clutch system which is more like a locker, chevy uses a system that will engage the other wheel once one has spun faster then 100rpm.  At 100Rpm when the other one engages it tears the teeth of the engagin gear destroying the posi leaving you with a open diff.  

I figure that out of 8 chevy 3 or 4 dont have posi even though they think they do.  Not good for a sleder who needs traction in the snow.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The Chevy posi system is engaged until you hit 40km\h. It the has a system which disengages the posi, allowing only one wheel to turn.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts