Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on gettin a sled ive been riding my friends alot last year im 13 106lbs 5"3 and i wan somthing tough and some power for my size help me out

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
That's a big question, without providing us some more information.

Where do you ride?
Trails, mountains, farm fields, etc.
how much money are you going to be able to spend?
Are you mechanically inclined?
Do you have any brand preference?
What dealers are in your area?

That sort of stuff, might help us narrow down your options some.

FishHog

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let us know what you decide and maybe post a pic. after the first ride! My wife would suggest you not buy one because she has seen what it has done to me :hallo1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ride moutain somtimes trails but mostly mountain. And i can spend at tops 6,000 im probly heading for one a year or two old my friends dads a mechanic he will help me out, it doesint realy matter what brand i like the ski-doos though. i have a yamaha dealership here and a bunch of privatly owned shops

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If your just starting out i would say read this forum as much as u can on all the makes, decide which you would like to own or what you like the looks of best, i would say for your age and weight not to go with a real big machine, mabey even go with a fan cooled for your first sled just to learn on and they are alot lighter, and eaiser to handle too. Mabey the mxz 500 Fan, or polaris XCF or Pro x fan, Acrtic cat Z 440, or 570. If yami is your choice because u have a good dealer there go with a SXr 500 that will be a real nice starter sled but it is liquid cooled and fairly quick for a small machine, anyhow good luck.

J

·
Registered
678 Posts
For a beginner and mountain rider, and under $6000. You can get a brand new 2003 Ski-Doo summit 550f for $5200 MSRP, maybe around $5000 if you can find a good dealer.

And it has reverse, probably a good thing for a smaller fella like yourself. :)

The polaris trail RMK would be good too, about the same price, but no reverse.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i would go w/ something better then a fan cooled. go w/ a liquid. IF YOUR ABLE TO FINANCE, you could go w/ any sled that you want to. but if your not going to finance and just pay up front then maybe these options. leftover 2002 summit, rmk, MM, if you can find one, the leftovers are going cheap. but i would probably stay w/ a liquid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinkin about the mxz 600 like a 00, 01, or 02 ill go and talk to a dealer about it but what does RER mean im guessing reverse and H.O. that i dont know what that means

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
RER is Rotax Electronic Reverse, And H.O in the 03 models have a bit more power than in the past years, Its stands for high output. If you think you are advanced enough for that go for it you will have fun. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts