Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have a 01 zr 500 and I was planning on putting a longer track on her, so i can't decide to go with a 136 or 144, it would be an 1.25 lug track, but will the little 500 turn a 144?? will a 136 be any different from my 121? and hints tip or pics would be greatly appreciated

Ben

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
144 to much...and yes u will see a big diff with a 136.pros....better hook up,and way better powder ridin....cons,u will take some trailability out of your sled,u will notice this in the corners the most.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey you should consider going all out,roll the chaincase to get clearance
and install a 136"x 2 track.i believe you have change your drivrs to 8 teeth on artic cats.this track was standard on mountain sleds for years.
sled should perform well.check with dealer about gear ratio set up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
136" is a nice track, it is really smooth over bumps and plows through powder. But depending on riding style,(like todatop says), 136 is a big differance, they do really push in the corners if you do a lot of trail riding. I was going to put one on mine too (98 zr600), but ended up getting a 121x2" for cheap. I am really happy with it. I questioned changing drivers, but it does fit with the stock 9 tooth, but has to be a notched track.

SWRules

1 - 4 of 4 Posts