Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I`m buying a sled right away and I`m not sure exactly which one will best fit my needs. I`ve raced motocross in the 125A/250A class for the past few years, and decided that I need something to do in winter when the bikes are parked. So I`ll give you as much info as I can for you guys to help me out.

-19 years old
-200lbs
-Will NOT be racing the sled
-Will be riding the sled in lower altitudes
-Will be using the sled in backcountry hills
-Main purpose for the sled is jumping, I love big natural hits.
-Would prefer newer sled, 2006 or 2007.
-Don`t really want to go over $7000 if I don`t have to.

I really like the look of the ski-doo`s if thats helps at all..also if I have to modify the suspension for jumping I`m willing to do so..thanks for any help guys!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
a few thing to look at and see what you like. here are a few sleds you may want to consider
skidoo MXZ X (the Xpackage has better shocks mad to take more abuse) 800 HO
Skidoo MXZ X 600 HO SDI
Polaris Dragon 700
polaris proxr 800
polaris proxr 440/600 or 660(these are all out mod sled, really light and are the snocross sleds down side is that they take more love and more tuning, this is what i have and love it)
Polaris IQ 440/600 or 660 (same idea just the new snocross chassis)
F7 snopro (04 and up only)
F6 snopro (04 and up only)
F8 snopro (07 new chassis)
with your budget you can lots of possibilities. id say coming from riding a bike you would like the skidoo MXZX or the polaris dragon the best. also the skidoo renegade X. it is the 136 track and will be better in powder but not as good for jumping
here are a few pics
first is my sled proxr(got bumped to the bottom), then and iq, then a proxr 800, then a dragon, then 2 MXZX, the a renegade x

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I'd suggest a Ski-Doo MXZ X Renegade. Since you're doing back country riding, a long track sled is better. (More flotation in deep snow) As for engines for the Renegade, there's the more powerful 800HO engine, or the more reliable and fuel efficient 600HO SDI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts