Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 Triton LT10-101 covered trailer. It has 10" tires/wheels and has full length ski
guides. I purchased 4 flush mount 'D' ring tiedowns so that I would not have to cut the middle
ski guides. The trailer came with 2 track supports per side (5" X 15") that together are mounted
only 32" from the rear of the bed. The track supports are black heavy plastic and are OK for
what they are but my sled will sit more forward on the trailer and the studs will be resting on
the plywood deck. What do you recommend that I put down to protect the bed from the studs? How
far should I carry that up the trailer bed?

I have washed/waxed the coverall; is there anything else I should do to protect the frame and shell
before the snow flies? Has anyone put a wear strip on the rear lip to stop the runners and studs
from marking this when loading or should I just not worry about it?

Thanks for your opinions and comments, I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed something.
Looking forward to snow!
John.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Nice trailer! As for stud protection you can purchase thick rubber mats to attach in that area. The cheaper version and better IMHO is to get a old track from a dealership, they are free. They also have nubs which will make it easy to get the sled on a tilted trailer in the winter.

my 2 cents

Permafrost

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Nice :thumbsup: Nothing betten than unloading a couple of spotless salt free sleds at the trail head. Enclosed is the way to go for sure

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Nice trailer. I need one like yours so as accommodate two sleds since mine can only handle my Arctic Cat and, I know I will be getting another sled perhaps this season.

Richard

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
scrap track cut in two works nice for stud protection.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Awesome looking toy hauler.

As mentioned, nothing like pulling two shiny salt free clean sleds after a long drive in the slop.

Enjoy.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas. I can get used tracks easily and will install a piece on each side.

Bring on the snow. Snowfun.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
what's real nice is when you find good snow close to home when you have a couple days to do it. then you can leave the clean sleds loaded and haul away again the next day.

·
Registered
912 Posts
There are a couple of holes in your trailer that need some attention. Those channels where the tie down bars hook into are open right out the front of the trailer. I haven't done anything permanent with mine yet I just cover them with rags and then pull the rags so water can drain out. One of these days I really gotta rig up something permanent.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snow4brains: I notice that my trailer has been made differently than yours. The front of those channels have a small piece of filler in them and then there is a gasket that covers them when the cover comes down. I have included a couple of pictures FYI. The photo from inside is quite clear but the one from outside is harder to see. I will put some clear silicone in between the plywood deck and the filler blocks to stop water from entering from the front.

Thanks for your reply.

Snowfun.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts