Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this XC 600 last weekend. So far I've put 90 miles on it & I am quite happy with it. I like that it is light & fairly quick & easy to kick around. It has 3600 miles, newer 1" studded camoplast track & an aftermarket can on it. The only thing I don't like is that I bottom out the rear supension since I am 6'4" 260lbs. Where would be a good place to find some heavier rear springs for the XTRA-10? Approx how much would they set me back? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just picked up this XC 600 last weekend. So far I've put 90 miles on it & I am quite happy with it. I like that it is light & fairly quick & easy to kick around. It has 3600 miles, newer 1" studded camoplast track & an aftermarket can on it. The only thing I don't like is that I bottom out the rear supension since I am 6'4" 260lbs. Where would be a good place to find some heavier rear springs for the XTRA-10? Approx how much would they set me back? Thanks in advance.[/b]

Just some food for thought. My buddy has the exact same sled, and last winter when i blew mine up I rode double with him back to get my truck. This was on groomed trails and no jumping, (lol). But he only had his rear spring blocks set on medium, and between the two of us there was 310 pounds on the sled. We only bottomed out on the occasional big hit. I dont know what type of riding you do, if you want stiffer springs for jumping, but it just may be that those springs in there now are tired. Maybe a new set of stock springs would be enough for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some food for thought. My buddy has the exact same sled, and last winter when i blew mine up I rode double with him back to get my truck. This was on groomed trails and no jumping, (lol). But he only had his rear spring blocks set on medium, and between the two of us there was 310 pounds on the sled. We only bottomed out on the occasional big hit. I dont know what type of riding you do, if you want stiffer springs for jumping, but it just may be that those springs in there now are tired. Maybe a new set of stock springs would be enough for you.[/b]
Thanks for the info. I don't really know much about this sled yet. The springs must be shot then. I really don't do any jumping. It has bottomed from just riding over a gradual dip, on the ice going over a 4-5" ripple & with our little one thats 7 years old riding with me very easily. My 96 wildcat 700 touring has never bottomed yet even with 3 of us on it. It's alway easier to hear what other peoples experiences are. Thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
you should get the next higher spring right from polaris, they are the best deal and quality for getting a spring on that old of a sled. go right to the dealer and tell them what you want and they will get you all hooked up. you should also check and see if you rear shock is shot, this can be a problem also. kimpex makes a great gas replacement shot ofr reasonable price. for to www.shadetreepowersports.com to get one

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep, the factory is where I'd go for help there. They make two sizes heavier than stock so one of them should work for you. I am 210 and stock works for me set on the stiffest part of the block. Anything more and I'd be looking for stiffer springs. OEM Polaris springs are the least expensive in the long run in my experience. (You buy them less often and carrying spares is unnecessary.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I quess I'm off to the polaris dealer to see how much these will set me back. I'm sure they are probably tired like Dave600 said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts