·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COMPETITOR ALERT

Orange Helmet Rule Update

October 12, 2007

The rules regarding the Orange Helmet rule are as posted below:

"With regard to the ISR rule located in General Rules and Regulations, Driver Protective Equipment, page 15, number 4, which discusses helmet coloration guidelines ( "Rule #4") the WPSA reminds it's members, riders, team owners and interested third parties that it is the riders responsibility to adhere to this rule.

Rule Number 4 is specific to Snocross and it states: "The helmet must be predominantly blaze or international orange in color. More than 50% of the entire outer surface including the visor must be orange. A template measuring 2 inches by 3 inches placed anywhere on the helmet must contact orange. On a typical Snocross helmet there should be at least 144 square inches (12 x 12 inches) of orange."

Notwithstanding the foregoing, in each instance where WPSA race officials determine that it is obvious to a casual observer that a rider's helmet may not conform to the ISR rule promulgated under General Rules and Regulations, Driver Protective Equipment, (page 15 in the 07-08 ISR rulebook), number 4, the WPSA may then elect to test such suspect helmet.

Should a WPSA race official determine that such suspect helmet does not conform to ISR Rule #4 the WPSA Race Director, at his sole discretion, may issue a written warning, or fine the offending rider, or issue a points deduction or restrict the racer from participating in the race.

Furthermore, the WPSA will not accept any form of protest or appeal with regard to ISR rule # 4. The WPSA shall not provide any form of substitute helmet to any rider, it is the rider's responsibility to provide and use a helmet that conforms to the rules.[/b]
The blaze orange rule has been around for a long time, but it surprises me when I see racers that paint the helmet so there isn't a lot of orange.

If I was racing I'd want to be a visible as possible should I come off the sled.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
The blaze orange rule has been around for a long time, but it surprises me when I see racers that paint the helmet so there isn't a lot of orange.

If I was racing I'd want to be a visible as possible should I come off the sled.[/b]
never has been enforced has it? I agree with you , on the track you need to be seen. it is your life or lifestyle on the line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts