Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

My wife and I are newbies to snowmobiling having just purchased a couple of sleds and a trailer from a friend who's moving to Florida (he made us a killer deal). :whistling:

We have: '01 GT 700 GS & '02 Summit 800 R Sport (and a 25' Interstate All Sport Trailer, and he threw in a couple of tow-behind sleds, various other goodies, and NINE helmets!). :dazed:

While we've each ridden sleds a couple of times in our lives (once on the above mentioned sleds), we are infact complete newbies.

We joined a dirt bike forum a couple of years ago and the info and friendships gleaned have been incredible (just spent a week riding with our "internet buddies" from all over the West Coast in July).

So, in an effort to keep the newbie questions to a minimum, can you direct me to resources that will help us get a handle on basic set-up, maintenance (including routine, pre-season, post-season/storage), standard mods for our sleds/recalls/issues, skills, etc?

:withstupid:

Thanks in advance for all of the help!

Brad
aka HKE PUK

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Welcome to the site and to the sport of snowmobiling. You won't be disappointed. Getting a killer deal on the goods is a definite plus as well!

You can certainly get all the information that you need here. All you have to do is ask or do a search and you should be able to find everything you could possibly need. Everyone here is just waiting around for your questions, so fire away.

Here's a very helpful link that one of our other members put up just the other day. GoSnowmobiling.org

Again...Welcome!!

Keith

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
waiting because its too hot to ride the harley, and no snow for the sled. welcome to sw and fire away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Gents!

I will do some searching and come up with some specific questions.

Glad to know that this board works similarly to my dirt bike board (CRFsOnly.com) -- lots of great people and great help.

I look forward to learning more!

Blessings -

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts