Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this is what I know - It is a 1998 Yamaha 600 that is red I think it is a Vmax.  Can you tell from the color what model it is?  I am very new - This is my first sled and I have only ridden others 3 times. I will know more when I travel to pick it up Michigan.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
silver bullet,
 i hope it works out to be a decent deal for you.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Sounds like a V Max, I don't think any other model 600's were red, but then again, it is just a guess.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't be going to michigan for another month. i let everyone know what it actually is.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Trusting guy to buy a sled without seeing it. Let alone knowing the model. Where is it in MI?
                         Ryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out it is a 1998 600 Vmax SX with 3000 miles. The reason I bought it - Unbelievable Price - couldn't pass it up. Here she is:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Assuming that's a 98 since 97-98 and I think 99 used the red color scheme on the Vmax SX series,  then he has done some updates to it. They came with steel ski's in 97-98 with red plastic skins, and those are Yamaha plastic ski's on the sled. I just put a set on my 98 700. I don't know if they came stock with the red rear wheels, or if the silver ones were standard and he put the red ones on afterward. Same with the snowflap, my 98 came standard with the black one vice red. Good sleds, motor is dependable as a stone and plenty of power. Factory clutching is a little bit lazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts