Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the 04 viper will have a-arm on the front end. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You've posed an interesting queston. I hadn't even though about it. They vry well may.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey Performance,
  What does that ball say about snow for next year.
Caleb

·
Registered
259 Posts
I doubt it will have A-arms. The Viper will be just like the SRX. It will start out slow and way out of tune out of the box...then over the next five years it will get better and better, other than dialing it in we won't see many changes. Then Yamaha will drop it and replace it with and A-arm sled. I wouldn't be surprised if its replaced by a four stroke but thats not for another five years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah...me and a guy at work have been talking about this.  He's a Yammy rider and it's relevant to me cause Yammy might be the only Mfg making a triple in 2004 when I'm due to buy a new sled.  I'm VERY disappointed in my fellow cat riders for jumping ship on the excellent suzook triples and buying into the twin cylinder snocross copycat hype. You can have your John Deere tractor motors...I'll buy a sled with a silky smooth high reving triple!  Problem is...both my buddy and I think the viper will be replaced by a smaller 4-stroker before it will get A-arms. I guess that will depend on the Yammy buyers. If all you buy is 4 strokers..that's what they will build.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer that in my town said that the 4 stroke would come out the year. He told he wouldn't be surprise that the a-arm will be on the04 viper. I would like to see it because I rode last year viper and had no problem with it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I belive that skidoo will not get rid of the triple/Mach.

If they were going to get rid of them they would have done it this year.  In the wake of the rev and 800h0 and 600ho and new SDI fuel injection the mach still came out with a new paint job and major imporovments like 13inch of rear suspention.  

Why would they even lift a finger if they didnt have plans for it.  

I belive that the Mach will come back as a SDI triple 800 in a ZX platform next season.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I hope your right Machzzzz1.

It would be a shame to loose all the triples.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait to next year on the viper because like the Phazer they drop it and made a new sled. So think about the Viper line will be gone and a whole new design will be out. Hopefully they will have an a-arm front end and maybe a new rear end or a smaller 4-stroke to fit the new line up?  

1 - 12 of 12 Posts