Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1995 indy lite for my daughter and none of the lights work including the brake light. I picked up a used stator/lighting coil off ebay but before I start ripping it apart is there any way of testing the light coil to make sure that's my problem? or does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bet you need a new voltage regulator, buy a new one of those and replace the blown balbs and try it.

Hope this helped.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lots of the older sleds develop shorts under the seat/gas tank. I'd unplug everything, then see if you have voltage right at the motor wire harness.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I agree with Michahicks. Look for (AC) power generation at the source first. Check to make sure it is regulated (by the voltage regulator at rpm - not over 14 volts @ 3000 or so) and assuming both of those check out, start searching for a short - under the seat is most probable. It might also be an open wire near the engine or it could even be a break near the stator.

If you are making power and don't have a short or open though, there should be some heat and, I think, led indicators on your handwarmers.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you have someone pull over the motor while you test the stator wire it will tell you before you pull it all apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts