Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone think of the new board  ? looks fine to me but no locations are shown.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
There are a few issues that still need to be addressed. Locations will be added, along with a bunch of other fixes in the next 12-24 hours.

Calendar, locations, online/offline, avatar upload, etc will be fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
corey,
 sounds great, your mom must be proud of you. LOL  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
My only problem with it is that its only on %75 percent om my screen.  The rest is just white.  Looks like you need to streatch it out a little.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Machzzzz1 @ Feb. 28, 2002, 10:24pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My only problem with it is that its only on %75 percent om my screen.  The rest is just white.  Looks like you need to streatch it out a little.
[/b][/quote]
What screen resolution are you surfing the Internet with? 1024 X 768 +?

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul yarek @ Feb. 28, 2002, 10:01pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what does everyone thing of the new board  ? looks fine to me but no locations are shown.[/b][/quote]
Locations now fixed!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
cory I hate to be a complainer but did you get a smaller motor for the server?  Mine only loads about 600 bytes per  sec  the pages load really slow compared to the old.  I understand I can't expect instant load with a 56 K modem connection.  but the site used to be faster.
Maybe you could add a turbo charger to it .  

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
To answer two questions:

1. The forum may appear to be slower to people with low speed connections since the new layout uses more graphics. Remember though, you can adjust you image loading options in your forum control panel to speed things up.

2. Our site statistical data shows that 87% of all site visitors are surfing with 800 X 600 resolution. The forum is optimized for the majority, and also allows for uniformity no matter what size the user's resolution is set at.

If anyone has any ideas on this, please don't hesitate to forward them to me. Just as a user that is surfing with 1024 X 768 doesn't like 800 X 600 pages, imagine a 800 X 600 user that is trying to view a site that was written for 1024 X 768 setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts