Looks like if your are going to Elliot Lake good luck finding gas

Just heard on the news that those towns ran out of gas

Imperial/Esso have had stations across Ontario run out of gas

this might affect grooming in some areas as well as sledding

Deisel at Husky stations is also scarce with some dry up in Timmins

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
HUSKY running out of diesel.cant see that happening. :confused: any idea why there is a shortage i know they raised the price of diesel here in mississauga today. 89 cents a litre 84 yesterday. :confused:

·
Registered
745 Posts
There was a fire at the Imperial Oil Refinery there will be a shortage of fuel above northbay for awhile as far as I know which could affect my dad as he owns his own transport and most of his runs are up north :confused: .

Grant.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the fire and also the cn strike is affecting the fuel issues.

as far as i know there is still gas and diesel here

·
Registered
195 Posts
There's LOTS of gas.....the problem is......everyone heard about the fire.....panicked......sucked the pumps dry......and now there's 50 trucks to deliver gas to 800 gas stations, who all need gas IMMEDIATELY.
There are still gas stations open though.....even one owned by imperial oil in blind river, which is about 30 min away from Elliot Lake.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like this weekend will be touch and go in many places

I saw on the news there is about 100station in Toronto at any one time out of gas

HMMMM and gas is 1.07 a liter :(

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
We had to scramble a bit the other day as diesel is getting scarce here. The station in our town had no gas/diesel as he was 4 days late in getting delivery, so Perm started calling around> North of Bancroft Shell had no diesel, south of Bancroft they had some, only received half of their load, was limiting to 100 litres unless they know you. We took Dodgzilla up and filled it and a bunch of jerry cans, when we got there we told them we called and made an appointment :p, yesterday I took the pygmy hearse up and filled it. Local station here finally got their load yesterday, and didnt even get half a load delivered. Now he is running out of diesel and scrambling to find more. Had to cut our ride short on Tuesday as Perm needed fuel and we couldnt get any :( Now we are under heavy snowfall warning and not much gas around...Geesh if it isnt one thing its another....

·
Registered
252 Posts
well the wife and i went for a big ride yesterday in district 9.we got fuel twice,3 times if ya count the fill up when we left mitchell,we had no problems with fuel anywhere.so far touch wood we havn't had any trouble around here,though it is pretty pricey at 1.065 per litre for regular.but when your on the sled it dosn't seem to matter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I paid 95.9 for diesel didnt think to look at the price for gas as we only use that for sleds and well that costs what it costs :p lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts