Snowmobile World banner

No Power!

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Northbay 
#1 ·
OK I'm having problems with a 79 enticer 340. It starts like a charm, i let it idle for a couple minutes, then ride it for a click or two for it to properly run. It kinda bogs during this stage, but this has always been the case since I've had the sled and normally after that click or two she would jut fly... Well she still flies after she's warmed up but now im finding she loses all her power after maybe 5-10 minutes of riding. If i slow down and give her throttle again she bogs, is really slow off the line, and takes FOREVER to pick up speed (if u want to call it speed). I replaced the spark plugs, but nothing.. Any ideas/help would be great, thanks.

#4 ·
Just cleaned the carb, new filter+all lines, belt and clutch in good shape[/b]
how well did you clean the carb? check all the jets,make sure they are clean especially the pilot jet it is your idle and bottom end throttle before your slide kicks in. also the plug wires ciuld need replacing being that old good luck bud,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#5 ·
how well did you clean the carb? check all the jets,make sure they are clean especially the pilot jet it is your idle and bottom end throttle before your slide kicks in. also the plug wires ciuld need replacing being that old good luck bud,,,,,,,,,,,,,[/b]
Thanks for all the help. I took the entire carb apart and cleaned all the jets, so i don't think that's the issue. And new plug wires came with the coil. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated, its supposed to be -25 tomorrow, perfect riding temp. for me. thanks again

#8 ·
Did you perform a compression test while the engine is at optimum running temp?[/b]
Yes, I took the sled for a rip b4 testing to answer your question. I am starting to think it may just be the jetting, but its not the original carb, so the jetting charts for it are no good to me. If anyone thinks this might be the issue, let me know, as I've never fooled around with changing jets.. Thanks for the suggestion YamaEx570sx

#10 ·
What carb is on it now? It sounds to me like fuel pump or maybe the fuel pick up. Is your fuel filter in the tank?
If it ran good before how could it be jetting?[/b]
Overall, its been A LOT warmer in my area (and everywhere else?) this winter than last. Last night it finally got colder, -20 and the sled ran a lot better, although it did end up doing the same thing(bogging), just taking a lot longer. Maybe a combination of the temp. and something else? As for the carb thats in it, does a Mikuni 38 sound right?

#11 ·
Overall, its been A LOT warmer in my area (and everywhere else?) this winter than last. Last night it finally got colder, -20 and the sled ran a lot better, although it did end up doing the same thing(bogging), just taking a lot longer. Maybe a combination of the temp. and something else? As for the carb thats in it, does a Mikuni 38 sound right?[/b]
check the pulse line ,it could be britle and sucking air causing your feulpump to lose presure..

#12 ·
If it runs better in cold temps than you know that it's getting to much fuel. Could be the choke cable adjusted to tight or the piston getting stuck. Could be a cracked diaphragm in the f.p. could also be a bad needle & seat or float adjustment.

#13 ·
If it runs better in cold temps than you know that it's getting to much fuel. Could be the choke cable adjusted to tight or the piston getting stuck. Could be a cracked diaphragm in the f.p. could also be a bad needle & seat or float adjustment.[/b]
I have frostbite. -31c this morning. -41c with the windshield. It was damn cold but totally worth it, the sled ran awesome. Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I guess this means it is jetted wrong, getting too much fuel during the milder conditions. If anyone could steer me in the right direction in regards to some of the basic things i could due with the jetting (am I just going to have to adjust the carb, or physically change jets, or what?) it would help me out a lot.. THANKS again everyone.. oh yeah one more thing.. my speedo registered just over 85 mph this morning. And it felt fast. But i've never heard of a 340 doing that. Would it be able to in those kind of temperatures? Or is my speedo now going too, as I've never gotten it to register over 65 before today? Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.