Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
The RX-1 weighs about 580 dry, the mountain Im sure is 30lbs heavier at least.With reverse it would give you a hernia in the powder!

·
Registered
83 Posts
the reverse only adds 6#, they should have made it available if it wasn't for those who wanted it. I put it on mine, and glad I did. I trail ride and lake run and the extra 6# isnt going to hurt me and if I notice it does Ill lose 6# to make up the difference :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just put reverse in My mountain max last month. I can't wait to try it out (I did back off the trailer and into the garage!) I rode a guy's viper er long track mod (156 inch) last season. I thought reverse was just #####en. The main chain case was the same except for the outer half. It was really easy to put on, just confusing, very poor illistration instructions where needle bearings and stuff go. Even the wiring for the back up buzzer was already installed om my sled. I didn't know it, I called the dealer and the tech told me where it was. I thought I was missing part of the wiring loom. In My factory shop manual, it says MM did not come, or would with reverse. It is the same kit for the srx, viper, sx, its all the same gear box components. So they probably will add reverse or you could get it off a regular RX-1 and put it on yourself at a later date. Are the mountain and regular sleds that much different??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sanks. Think i'll ride this year and add it later.

What did you guys pay? I got mine for supposed dealer invoice of $8053 + $300 +$135 freight +$235 altitude tuning + $125 assembly and no sales tax. Total $8888.

Anyone know actual dealer invoice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts