Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out this weekend and stoped for a break, Sled would not start again, no spark.any body have this problem and any suggestions on where a guy should start. the people at the shop know nothing. Also does anybody know the specs for the resistance on the stator and coils.

Last edited by Rocketman at Mar. 26, 2002, 6:12pm

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Is the sled under warranty still? You didn't say what year it is. If your dealer can't fix it, call Bombardier and tell them so. I wouldn't bother messing around with something the dealer should be able to fix. Mind you I saw a couple of Ski-doo dealers in New Hampshire that make my garage look like the new race shop in Valcourt. I wouldn't take my wheelbarrow to them to get fixed. We had a Polaris dealer in the area that looked pretty brutal too. (Durham area, not Apsley. You guys will know who I mean)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I know the type Revrnd.  

The visegrip is the only tool you need kind of shop.

·
Registered
546 Posts
kendell: tell us the year and we can tell you the resistance.
i know how you feel about the thing just quitting.
My 2000 Mach did exactly that, we were running really good stop for a break and wham, no spark.
the stator was toasted. lost the rest of the winter because the back order was 2 month long.
the 800's have had some real issues with the stators.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Come on skidoo guys he said it was an MXZ renegade 800.  Didn't skidoo just start making the renegade this year 2002.  So I would think it is under warranty.  But it is probably the stator or the dess messing up. I have heard of that happening.  But take it in for warranty.

Last edited by Rocketman at Mar. 26, 2002, 8:53pm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys it's a 2002 still under warrenty.Yes we have one of those great shops with the vise grips as the main tool. So get this. Put sled in shop and they changed the coils. Did't have a chace to really ride the sled during the week, but ended up driving 6hrs to excellent mountain conditions. Pulled sled out of truck started and let it idle for 2-4 min only to have it quit.so much for good service. Left sled in shop in Chetwynd B.C. They seem to have a good shop. The only bad thing is it's 6hrs from home.I have a feeling it"s the stator. But if someone has the specs for resistance it would be great to have. To bad warrenty doesent cover travelling expenses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys it's a 2002 still under warrenty.Yes we have one of those great shops with the vise grips as the main tool. So get this. Put sled in shop and they changed the coils. Did't have a chace to really ride the sled during the week, but ended up driving 6hrs to excellent mountain conditions. Pulled sled out of truck started and let it idle for 2-4 min only to have it quit.so much for good service. Left sled in shop in Chetwynd B.C. They seem to have a good shop. The only bad thing is it's 6hrs from home.I have a feeling it"s the stator. But if someone has the specs for resistance it would be great to have. To bad warrenty doesent cover travelling expenses.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My guess is that it is the stator.   Been there done that.  For about $250.00 U.S. you should be fixed.   Better yet, it should be under warranty.

·
Registered
546 Posts
With all the stator issues, especially in the 800's is there not a better after market stator available for these sleds?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts