Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help?Can anyone have any idea why i can`t get any spark. I was riding it and I shut it off and to take the carbs off to clean them and put them on went to start it and didn`t have any spark.Arcticcat dealer said it was the switches on the carbs?Please help. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
:sarcasm: I tried to remember those switches but s**t I can't I do remember that we took them off the sled we had you should ask how to disable them they are just a pain in the ###..
Good Luck.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
You have to isolate where the problem is first.

Place the sled up on a stand (track off ground), depress the throttle slightly (1/8), and try to start it. If it starts, your carb safety switches are the problem.

Or, if you want to do it the "proper" way:

Go grab a couple bypass plugs, then unplug the carb safety switches from the carbs. Place a bypass plug in the end going to the wiring harness, not the carb. Do this for both carbs.

Try starting the sled or at least see if you have spark. If you do, then you have a problem with the safety switch. To find out which one it is, unplug one of the bypass plugs and plug the connector back into the pigtail from the carb. If you have spark, it's the one with the bypass plug still in.

It could be a misadjusted switch or the magnet may have fell off.

If placing the bypasses in the carb safety switches doesn't work, start bypassing other safety circuit devices. Check the tether (if equipped), kill switch and key.

If you want to rule out stator and or ignition coils quick, just remove the main four prong plug from the engine, and insert a bypass plug into the stator pigtail coming from the stator (brown and black). NOTE: THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT OFF THE SLED ONCE YOU BYPASS AT THE FOUR PRONG PLUG IS TO PULL THE BYPASS PLUG OUT!!

If the sled starts, the problem would most likely be found somewhere in one of the safety circuits such as kill switch, key, tether or carb switch.

SW CYA NOTE: It is VERY dangerous riding a sled without having the carb switches working properly! NEVER ride a sled with disabled safety switches or any safety circuit compromised or not working properly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts