Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my sled and found that it has no spark. I am not very familiar with the electrical system of my sled. Can anyone tell me what kinds of things I should check? Also, I think I broke the boot off of the plug wire. What is that going to cost me? Or is it supposed to be able to come off?
We just got some good snow. I need some help.

·
Registered
468 Posts
probably cdi box or even broken wire somewhere.i beieve the wire pushes into the spark plug cap but i'm not sure so don't quote me on that.best bet take it to your dealer for a good srevice.where you at with the good snow

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well it could be anything electrical from just the plugs to the CDI to the stator. Also it could be the kill switch or the key sticking. Try unplugging the key and the kill switch now try pull it over and see if you have spark. The spark plug boot just screws back on to the wire. I always cut the wire back a 1/2" first then try to rescrew the cap on it makes for a better grip. And this way it will not loosen up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes check the stator i had a 98 xc 700 that the stotor went on .polaris had a recall on them and changed them out but maybe yours never got done.just something else to consider

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for all your help.
I'm from the Humboldt area and it's been snowing on and off for two days.

About the stator recall, is there any recourse if mine wasn't changed out on recall?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts