Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, badly. In short, i live far from where i keep my sled, so i asked a friend to do some BASIC maintence for me.

Now, it seems i have no rear suspension travel, almost like the entire rig is seized, and i cant get any track tension. I dont see any missing parts, or empty bolt holes that might indicate missing something. But who knoes, maybe im just that pissed off that im not looking right, and am getting too frustrated with something that is more then likely basic as all hell. (yes i tried adjusting the track tension bolts, lol)

My ride is a 1993 Ski Doo Formuala Mach 1... just the standard short track (121x16) i knoe 16 isnt industry standard, but its what my sled came with. Any help would be greatly appreciated as id like to be prepared for winter... we already had some snow, so im damn anxious!

Nutzo

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I need help, badly. In short, i live far from where i keep my sled, so i asked a friend to do some BASIC maintence for me.

Now, it seems i have no rear suspension travel, almost like the entire rig is seized, and i cant get any track tension. I dont see any missing parts, or empty bolt holes that might indicate missing something. But who knoes, maybe im just that pissed off that im not looking right, and am getting too frustrated with something that is more then likely basic as all hell. (yes i tried adjusting the track tension bolts, lol)

My ride is a 1993 Ski Doo Formuala Mach 1... just the standard short track (121x16) i knoe 16 isnt industry standard, but its what my sled came with. Any help would be greatly appreciated as id like to be prepared for winter... we already had some snow, so im damn anxious!

Nutzo[/b]
It kinda sounds like one of the torque arms (probably the rear if not both) been disconnected either from the skid or the body. If the suspension is just precompressed with all the parts properly connected, you would still get track tension. If all the major parts are still connected, even if your springs are worn out or even without springs at all, the rails would move backward to compensate for the suspension travel and therefore you would still have track tension. Since you can't get track tension, it must be something is broken or has been taken apart.

You say you barely have any suspension travel, that also fits with what I'm saying and for now I'll rule out a broken drive shaft or drive shaft bearing. But that's the only other possibilities I can think of.

Get somebody to lift and lower the rear bumper while you lay down real close to the rear skid and get a good look at what's going on. I don't know how you could do this without a buddy, maybe a jack on the rear bumper that you can raise and lower while you look carefully at the rear suspension. If it's what I think, you will see stuff shifting around rather than pivoting along their mounting points. It could be anywhere in any of the pivoting assemblies, just look carefully. Either a screw has fallen out, been removed, or something bigger is broken.

If that's not it, report back because I can't even imagine what else it could be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts