Snowmobile World banner

Nobody's talking about the rx1?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  machz69 
#1 ·
I didn't see any posts on the Yamaha section regarding the new RX-1.  That suprised me.

Wonder if it is all it's cracked up to be.  Looks nice, sounds nice.

#6 ·
The Yam. forum is dead because yamaha is
??   Expect the motor to only be an actual 130-135 hp.  The weight still seems a bit heavy.  Notice they won't actually say on the yamaha site.  An SX with elec.?  Prob. 450-500 with everything.  Less power and at least 50 lbs. heavier than a doo or polaris.  I do think their tunnel design is getting better.  I just hope its not going to be a letdown like the viper.  I've been a yamaha guy all my life and they just are not impressing me lately.  I have a phazer long track that works over most of those bigger sleds.  At least it looks cool.

#7 ·
I have two questions re the RX-1: How much doe sit weigh?    and : will it run when the temp is below zero F (or will it be like the Yamaha 4-wheelers which largely don't). The idea's good but if it isn't reliable it is 100% useless if not deadly. I would rather see someone come out with a machine that compromises between what Yamaha and AC have developed with a major focus on reliablity first. Speedy and sporty can come later.

#8 ·
Someone is trying to convince people in anouther form that this thing will do 130mph which is faster than a stock Tcat.What a joke if a tcat has over 160hp and wount go 130 on radar how do you expect a sled with a suposed 150hp and weigh the same go faster?

#9 ·
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SNORAT @ Jan. 18 2002, 11:57pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone is trying to convince people in anouther form that this thing will do 130mph which is faster than a stock Tcat.What a joke if a tcat has over 160hp and wount go 130 on radar how do you expect a sled with a suposed 150hp and weigh the same go faster?[/b][/quote]
SNORAT, dont worry about it. YOU are correct.

135-140hp is not enough power to overcome air/friction drag at speeds over 115mph on most snowmobiles.

I would say that it COULD hit 115mph in real radar results, but I DOUBT it will go over that.

#10 ·
I spoke with my dealer on thursday morning (ordered two,1red1blue)who just flew in from Las Vegas show. He said it sounds like a R-1 with pipes. that it will weight about 10 pounds more than a SRX. And thats with it's standard electrict start. Yam says it weights tha same,we'll see.  BUt it has 65% more torque below either 6500rpms than any other sled. It will also beat a SRX by 6 1/2 sled lengths in the quarter so slow it's not. and with it's torque we'll be able to really clutch the beast. and remember the weight is distibuted differently, more equally so it's really going to handle.

Caleb

#12 ·
poor Scott..... Your buying from Freedom Cycle huh?

You could have saved about 500.00 and bought it from another dealer.  Freedom cycle is a ripoff.  They try to get 6000.00 for a 99 Mach Z with 3500 miles on it, a 99 670HO for 5200.00 with 3900 miles on it.

Thers a place north up I89 that supposed to have great prices on new yamahas.  Forgot the name.  I live in between Concord and where that dealer is.

#13 ·
Actually, I do okay with them on price.  I've bought two sleds (and ordered another), a ton of accessories, and an $11,000 motorcycle there in the past 14 months.  We have a good relationship and they go the extra mile for me.  To me, it's worth a few extra bucks for the convenience (10 minutes from the house) and the customer care.  I also love Livingston's (Hillsborough), but they are a longer drive for me...

Where do you live?  I think I'm riding in Andover tomorrow...

#16 ·
I snow checked two RX-1ER Limited's in Liquid Silver on friday. I can't wait for them to arrive, and the snow had better come with them. I'll be putting an Expert X or M-10 rear skid i one of them though.  I bought mine from Magnum Power Sports in Petersburg,Mi. They have great prices and even better service.

4 Strokes, 2 Strokes, Just different Strokes for different Folks.
Caleb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.