Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) SNOW WILL BE HERE SOON AND THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR ON THIS SITE I WAS JUST WONDERING WHERE MY FELLOW IRISH FANS RODE THERE SLEDS? I WAS PLANNING TO TAKE SOME LONG TRIPS FROM HERE TO NORTH. AND WAS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH IDEAS AND DIFFRENT ROUTES. I HEARD NTHE TRAILS IN EDWARDSBURG CONNECT ALLTHE WAY TO THE BRIDGE? THANKS :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I ride mostly around Cadillac,Irons and Wellston areas.I do however make a trip or 2 to ride the great trails here in Indiana,lol,like the buffalo run trail ,close to home.

·
Registered
253 Posts
got snow?,

I grew up in Mishawaka and as a kid, did the farmers field thing, fence lines and school lots, country roads, etc... Last year was the first time I trailered up to the Edwardsburg area to sample their trail system. It was actually kinda nice. It doesn't compare to the U.P., but it was still nice none the less. The trails are very well marked, and there's a good combination of straight-aways and twisties in the woods. From Niles up to Edwardsburg, to Cassopolis to Dowagiac, they get hit with some pretty good lake effect, so it's generally good (other than last year).

I've not ridden the Buffalo trail. Does it hook up with the rest of the Michigan sections? When I drive out towards Middlebury, I notice a snowmobile crossing sign on Hwy. 20. I believe that trail also hooks up with a Michigan trail.

Anyway, I don't think I helped you out much as far as Indiana goes, but at least you're close to Michigan and they pretty much rock with the good trails.

Go Irish!

Jon

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:angry: irish eyes aint smilin today. darn green shirts !!!!! :cussing: i will have3 to check out the trail next to the bypass i believe that is the elkhart trails they run 55 miles i believe so they say. i heard alot of people run the bufflo run it has more posibilites for lake effect though then edwardsburg i would think. any one ever rode from niles or edwardsburg to cadilac or grand rapids think that would ber a fun ride. i bought a gps to mark trails and make a trip to makinaw bridge from indiana this winter. thought that would be a great trip!!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts