Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the board and was wondering if anyone from the Northeast part of New York or even VT, is a member? I would love to meet other members from this area. I have been riding for 25 years and am 31 years old. I have a great group of friends that I ride with. I live in Niskayuna, NY and also have a home on Lake George. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Shane :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks phazer...good to meet you. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Live in NH right now, but will probably be moving to plattsburgh real soon. I just acceped a job up that way...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm near Speculator in the southern Adirondack mts. Glad to have another New Yorker here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My family has a log cabin in Diamond point, we stay ther and travel to Indian Lake, Sabattis, Old Forge, Ect... :hallo9:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! MXZ 700, my home on the lake is in Diamond Point! In fact, until I got married I lived there full time for 10 years. My neighbor at the lake is from Dutchess County, he owns Foam & Wash Car Washes and Mobil stores. Are you familiar with them? We shold definitely hook up. Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected]

I hope to meet you soon.

Shane

·
Registered
44 Posts
Howdy Shane
From West Chazy which is about 18 miles north of Plattsburgh. & next to the Canadian border. The best riding is west of here Essex & Franklin Counties which have lots of groomed trails.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Shane, I live now in Burlington, Vt., but grew up in Rutland, Vt. which is close to Lake George. I still vacation occasionally down that way. Sled mostly up in Northeastern VT, NH, and Maine. Only been riding for about 5 yrs, but love every minute of it. It compliments my other interest....motorcycles.

Jay

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MXZ900,
I ride Speculator. Maybe we could hook up sometime. :thumbsup:

600MXZ,
How much snow do you guys get up that way? I always thought that Plattsburgh are didn't get much in the way of precip?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live in the berkshire county of Mass. Which is only about 10 minute to Vt and about 20 minute to Ny. We ride the second week of Feb at Old Forge. And it the snow is low here in Mass we will be heading either to Ny or Vt or Nh. SWRules

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jv vt,
Souds great. Let me know when you are heading down this way. Do you come for Americade? Would love to hookup and ride.

tom w,
One of my friends at work lives in Adams Ma. We should hook up as well. A great area to ride from is Woodford Vt. Been there a few times but do not know the trail really well at all. Beautiful scenery. Keep in touch.

Shane :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Shane We are planing to reg in Vt this year and we can leave from Savoy Mass and with good snow we can ride into Vt. Maybe you can come down here an try some of our smooth trial LOL Let me know? SWRules

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom,

That would be great. As soon as we get some decent snow let's plan to get together.

Shane :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Shane,

I'm definitely in Northeast Part - Vermont. I live (we run an Inn - right in town) right on the trails in Island Pond VT (Snowmobiling Heaven) this is as Northeast as it gets . Last Year I was riding day and night (mxz 800). Let me if coming to Island Pond we have awesome trails. BW we had some snow yesterday. Anyone with more than 700 cc and up is welcome to stay
:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Doorider,

What Inn do you run?? Been going to the NEK for about 12 years now. I agree, winter heavan up there, although, I have to admit, I try to stay out of IP, its gotten too overcrowded the last few years. ???

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by Shane@Oct 19 2002, 06:31 PM
A great area to ride from is Woodford Vt. Been there a few times but do not know the trail really well at all.
That's my home turf. I get onto the VAST trails in Readsboro from trails that go directly from my yard, provided the snow is deep enough. Readsboro is only a few miles from Woodford. Any time you guys are looking for somebody to ride with in that area, let me know. My friends and I usually go out on Sunday, so I'd love to find a saturday crew to ride with. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jim85iroc We ride tuesday and thursday night and also sat and sun. Sat we have a slow ride were we ride to some place to eat. On sun is for the hot shoes LOL. But we ride for the fun of it. I do the sweep and my brother in law is the trail boss. We are also so called the HTO ( hill town outlaws) LOL. We are planing to reg in Vt this year because of the low snow last year. Let me know if you want to hook up to go for a ride We are also known as TEAMBLUE. :hallo1:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, I'm definately interrested. I'll fire off an email so that we can stay in touch when winter gets here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Shane, Haven't done the Americade yet, hopefully 2003. Sounds good about the riding, I'll go where the snow is! Jay

1 - 20 of 43 Posts