Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easter weekend was a good weekend to ride, two buddies and myself trucked to New Liskeard and rode the doo doo's from there to timmins. good ride there but rough as he** on the way back 400km each way for a grand total of 1968km for the year. Crappy but more than some i guess. lets just hope old man winter comes back hard next year!

·
Registered
900 Posts
It was rough from being too warm to groom and not enough fresh snow. I did liskeard to v-town/kl and back (165 miles) on the 27th of march and everything was table top smooth but warmed up after that

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was up in New Liskard 3 weeks ago. We stayed at the Northern Paradise Lodge in Tamagami and drove up to new liskard from there. We actually went a little bit farther.  They had alot of snow when we were up there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We did north bay to Cochrane and it was sweet. The last couple of trips were from Temagami and north. I would live up there if I could!. Unfortunatly due to work schedules I havent made it farther than Dorset the last couple years. Next year for sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
We wanted to go there last weakend but they stopped grooming April 1. They still have losts of snow and the trails are opened but they stopped grooming for the season...

·
Registered
978 Posts
we still have good trails lots of snow except trails in close to town (Timmins), the rev is at our local dealer and I'm stuck in the house with the worst flu that I ever had.......That sucks!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Hey fridgee how goes it hogan lake road is nice and muddy. Real good for the quads. I was in new liskered the same weekend. We put on 1200kms in 3 days. We sledded to Kapaskasing and back. I know what you mean the last part through the elk lake zone were the worst trails i encountered all season. 150 kliks of 4 foot moguls. The river was nice with all the open water lots of fun.
Hey kennypope hope your feeling better, i had that viscous virus earlier this year. Youll have to make it out for a run with us next year. Gotta new GADE coming

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone, it was'nt a bad year if you did'nt mind loading up the trailers and heading north. Permafrost- i bet the roads are nice and muddy up in that area. i think we are heading up in a couple of weeks to play with the four wheelers(get really dirty)
now that maple syrup is done with.Links camp does alot of that(where we stay).when u rode easter weekend what time were u playing on the river near liskeard? i was with a yammie 700 sxR and a red 98' formula 500, mine is a 2001 black mxz 500 with a B&B eliminator on it(loud on the water) i think we were there at about 5:30 sunday afternoon. might see ya around the hogan lake rd area sometime soon.-fridgee

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Hey Fridgee i heard, i mean i saw you at 5:30 ish thats when we got back you were infront of the waterfront inn going BRAPPP BRAPPP on the black mxz. That sled is real loud,lol.
Wasn;t that water a blast, i did 35+ kliks of water playinmg that day. We pulled in on a pack of 8 sleds. We had 3 dodges there, 2 green ram 2500 diesels and a 02 ram 1500 silver.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small world eh permafrost! i love the sound of the can, as my buddy grn800 calls it attitude in a can. i burned about 1/2 tank of fuel just pissin' around on the water. i just love the water. Later bud!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Fridgee: What are the trails like in a normal season (not this year)  

thru the Carden club's area & north? We have thought about riding from Port Perry to Parry Sound & back. However we've never ridden from Kirkfield to Mactier before.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I did from port perry to just north of buckhorn a few times last
year.If we get snow next year we're gonna try port to the cloyne area in a day.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems doing it. If you need any help with maps, let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts