Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a 05 600 SDI and am looking at doing some modifications...has anyone ever put noss or a turbo on an SDI and if so what kind of luck did you have.......I am getting a new 800 this year but my hubby and I have decided to play with the 600 and see what we can get outta it....
thanks

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Why not just get a 800? W/ nitrous you have to refill the bottles. You say you're sled is a SDI, I haven't heard much about aftermarket remapping of the fuel & timing curves. You'll have to do both w/ either of the mods you're thinking of.

If your sled was carbed, it would be much easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really dont want to sell it for a few reasons...as strange as it seams .....I also have an 07 800 XRS and this sled (the 600 sdi) blows it away on the trails....I have a buddy that has toyed around with the 600 and has made it an incredible sled on the trails and actually isnt too bad in the powder.....I am 37 years old and only 5 foot so the xrs is kinds hard to handle (151 inch) I enjoy riding the old (05 600 SDI) one much better than my new one as far as easy to handle.....with my paddle track and anti rachet drivers it can go pretty much anywhere i need to go......By the way I am from North Dakota so it is nice not having to having to do much work with it to ride it back home ....... So I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that I didnt.....allthough the dude that did the work on my sled was the one of the mechanics and tech advisor from warnert racing and Casey should tell me if there was something ...I was just check....so thanks
Betty Jo

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I really dont want to sell it for a few reasons...as strange as it seams .....I also have an 07 800 XRS and this sled (the 600 sdi) blows it away on the trails....I have a buddy that has toyed around with the 600 and has made it an incredible sled on the trails and actually isnt too bad in the powder.....I am 37 years old and only 5 foot so the xrs is kinds hard to handle (151 inch) I enjoy riding the old (05 600 SDI) one much better than my new one as far as easy to handle.....with my paddle track and anti rachet drivers it can go pretty much anywhere i need to go......By the way I am from North Dakota so it is nice not having to having to do much work with it to ride it back home ....... So I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that I didnt.....allthough the dude that did the work on my sled was the one of the mechanics and tech advisor from warnert racing and Casey should tell me if there was something ...I was just check....so thanks
Betty Jo[/b]

running a turbo, or nitrous will make your engine very finicky and it will lose it's reliabilty. 2 strokes for the most part dont like boost (a turbo) and probably wont last very long. most of the 2 stroke turbo's ive seen were running on race gas (110 octane) which isnt very trailable.

want my suggestion?? if u want something light, try out a new yamaha phazer mountain lite. they work pretty decent in stock form and if u want some extra power u can run a turbo with stock reliability. here's a video of a 500cc phazer (turbo) hillclimbing against a summit 800, and a couple of polaris 900's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6WzmtIFUrFA

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
SLP makes a performance kit for the sdi 600 and from what i hear it a great mod pakcage and give you smooth consitant power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts