Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 powder special that I have owned since new, recently  the spring came off the rest on the ideler wheel and wound around into the tunnel.
I have replace everything back to where it belongs and then noticed that the springs just sat barely into the middle of the shoe. I have been able to find nothing out of place or bent, so my answer was to move the top idler into the front bolt hole from the back one. this moved the spring forward  in the shoue so it sits about 3/4 of an inch past at rest.
Now to the question will this cause any problems down the road or was my machine assembled wrong all along?
Any comment would be apresiated as I am  300 miles to my nearest A/C dealer and I'm not sure they know any more than I do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wish I could help you, best bet would to call multiple cat dealerships and see what they tell you. I do no for a fact that sleds can come from the factory messed up. I replaced wear strips on my buddies ski dog and the rear suspension arm was backwards.............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ACKAT I don't think the dealers around me care to much weather they sell/service thier products.
So you really push things by asking questions.(ha ha )

·
Registered
416 Posts
Maybe we should start a clud for disatisfied Cat owners, or how about a forum page for complaining, I would have the most posts in that one cause I have a lot to complain abotu with Cat, lol. Good luck with your machine

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check out the exploded psrts list at www. brownsleisureworld.com maybe you can figure out how it goes together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts