Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, after stopping at a local store, I took a swig of my apple juice, twisted the cap back on to the plastic bottle, and put it into my storage pouch along with a blueberry muffin wrapped in plastic wrap.

An hour and a half later, I opened the pouch to retrieve my food.  I couldn't find the blueberry muffin.  Where the heck did it go?  Hey... my juice is empty.  The cap un-twisted, and the juice spilled all over the place.  The muffin completely disappeared.  The only evidence is blueberry-apple smegma smeared all over the inside of the storage area.  There was this milky-white/yellow goo with purple spots all over the inside of my storage area.  The ziplock back holding my registration, insurance and trail map was no match for this powerful chemical.  All of my papers were soaked with the smegma.

The exposed seat foam absorbed some smegma, and other than smelling like apple juice, also has purple spots on it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, I made the mistake of putting a litre of oil in the trunk. What a mess. Never did it again. Live and learn.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Try a 6 pack of blue!  Nothing like learning a lesson!

·
Registered
61 Posts
yep I did it myself 2 wks ago with a lunchable. The crackers were a real treat to clean out of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I noticed that if you run a windsheild bag that nothing seems to happen to bottles of pop,oil etc in there. Seems that the front of the sled rides better than the back.I carry oil,iso,soda,eyeglasses cap etc in there they also stay dryer up front also. All I carry in the back is a block of soft foam and the tool kit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'll revert back to carrying slim-fast shakes.  Those cans are 1/4" thick titanium!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Same thing happened to me last season!  I had a box of open cookies in there.  After I got home I noticed that I had quite the mess to clean up!  

·
Registered
299 Posts
two mini playmate coolers fit really nice in the rack on the back of my dad's sled... one full of Mtn Dew for the ride, and the other full of Budweiser for when we get where we are going... the first time we tried this combo, every mountain dew in the one cooler ruptured. It was half full of yellow hillbilly juice. Not a single Bud was harmed.  Pop cans are thinner than beer cans.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Do you know what a racoon will do for a piece of pizza?
 You guessed it!  A guy that used to ride with our group thought it would be nice to take some of our leftover pizza back to the cabin.  By the time we got to the cabin he forgot to take it out of the back of his sled...but he quickly remembered when we walked out to our sleds the next morning.  A racoon ripped his seat apart to get to the pizza...ouch!!!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
permafrost and i went out for chinese by sled.we put the leftovers in a container and tied it up in 3 plastic bags.5 km down the trail we stop and he checks the bag.he opens the trunk and pulls out the bag. the container broke inside the bags and the first 2 bags were broken.the bag was a pile of red mush.lucky to get it out just in time.i only carry a bottle of water in there now if it breaks who cares. also had oil, gatorade, and pop explode in the trunk YUK!i like the racoon story best though.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I busted two cans of pepsi in the back of mine, what a mess

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
UPRIDER~  Looks like you will just have to fill it all up with beer instead of mountain dew!  lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
I lost a Hershey's bar and a Salted Nut Roll back there, somehow my ZRT was able to open both of them and mix'em'all'up, real messy, tasted pretty good, kinda dirty though. Some of it is still there, need something to attract the coyotes ya know.

I have kept 1 quart oil containers and 20 oz Gatorade and Powerade bottles in the trunk with no spills, but with the tools and the hand towel, the Powerade doesn't move much.

By the way, the purple Powerade tastes the best when slushy.
I think there is 20 pounds of junk in my trunk. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
394 Posts
i had a couple cans of coke explode in my trunk! what a sticky mess that was to clean

·
Registered
530 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fastcat02 @ Feb. 17, 2002, 7:58pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Yeah, I made the mistake of putting a litre of oil in the trunk. What a mess. Never did it again. Live and learn.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I put some oil in there.  And the cap broke off and oil was all over.  What a mess to clean up.  You cant use water, and all a rag does it move it around.  I can tell you it wasnt fun.  I learned my leson and I wont be putting anything but paper and a tow rope, stuff like that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
with this season being so crappy who has had time to eat before the snow melted i did however find that if you take along lots and lots of icecream if the snow goes away w to fast you can use the icecream to get back home with out all that wear to the carbides LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts