Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at the haydays show in sept. the parking set up was a disaster!! with parking down the road from the show grounds!!!! (heard later show sales were down 40% this year as no one wanted to carry stuff that far)

So we get to Novi Sat morning, the show opens at 10 am, were there at 9:20am, sitting on the top of the Expressway ramp in line backed around the corner from the novi lot. As show traffic was backing up down the ramp out on to the E- way in all directions, but do you think the morons running the parking would open the gates to let people at least park (they can wait till 10 to open the doors..which they did) It was pretty dangerous, let alone annoying. once they open the gates they ran 4 lanes of cars down in to one lane and forced everyone in to the far front lot, what a mess!! DooZ ???

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
We lucked out. We ate at the Big Boy at 8:15, and got done at 9:15. Go tright in line, and in the parking lot. They ran us right in front of the building, in the parking lot between the main door and the off ramp. No one had even parked in the 40 or so spots right next to the building yet, even though it was full all around there.

We parked the ol beater Gladwin car in the first spot, next to the door. Guess i was the only one to see the yellow lines in the parking lot.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by 800MXZ@Nov 5 2002, 05:56 AM
We parked the ol beater Gladwin car in the first spot, next to the door. Guess i was the only one to see the yellow lines in the parking lot.
Yep, we saw that fine transportation special as we pulled into the parking lot.
We got there around 11:45am on Saturday, drove right in and parked the car.

As we took some goods out to the car for another trip back in, we did see some yahoo in a Trailblazer smack the side of a nice reg cab 4x4 GM pickup. Gotta pay attention :( ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got there at 10:15 and went about 3 football fields out to park. My buddy had to pick up a couple boxes of Klotz oil and he said Ill be darned if Im walking this far. Well we headed back toward the exit and also noticed all those nice yellow lines of parking right by the main entarance. Pulled in, parked, slammed beer, made several trips in and out (bought a salt sheild to protect my new Rev) and we were otto there. Just wanted to give a heads up for people next year- if you plan on buying big items.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What, you laughing at my car? LOL After Jan 1st she is 15 years old, and offically a classic. I just hope it lives that long!

Anyone see this jem next to the door? It's not as nice as the Ram, but it gets 30+mpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by 800MXZ@Nov 5 2002, 04:31 PM
What, you laughing at my car? LOL After Jan 1st she is 15 years old, and offically a classic. I just hope it lives that long!

Anyone see this jem next to the door? It's not as nice as the Ram, but it gets 30+mpg.
:p :D I wish I got that type of MPG :D

That is a good pic of the ole ride though, I like the white stuff all around and the skidoo tracks in front :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts